Background

Thursday, March 6, 2014

EU: Traveling Switzerland

Today was a day of complete travel with our destination being Zermatt. Since our first train didnt leave until past noon, we were able to sleep in and have a late brunch. The scenery here is gorgeous!!
Lake Luzern (in Brunen)
Each train was an adventure, as our first train (Zurich) had an 11 minute layover, and our 2nd (Visps) had only 8 minutes! When the connecting train is across the station, it can become quite memorable! Praise God, we were able to make each train, and safely arrived in Zermatt mid-evening.
Daniel and I saw a real life avalanche! (this was after the great fall...)

Riding the trains reminds me of 'Treasures in the Snow'. (If you haven't watched it, watch it....). Did I tell you I like trains?! ;P They're amazing...

We all ate at this Fondue place for dinner... My siblings LOVE fondue... I keep being gone when they have it, and so this was my first experience... And, an 'experience' it was. =) It's very rich (being cheese, though chocolate fondue is the same way)... I guess I'm more of a 'meat and veggies' type of girl. :) But it was definitely memorable!
I do have to say though, as much as I like Switzerland and their people (and their Swiss-German ;p), Germany and Bavaria still surpass it... (must be in my blood =D)

"O Zion, that brings good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that brings good tidings, lift up thy oice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!"
~ Isaiah 40:9 ~

5 comments:

  1. Pretty scenery. Was the avalanche caused by someone yodeling!?!? Perhaps Daniel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's an idea (and probably plausible)! But alas, no... I think it was expressing its sorrow at Daniel and my being separated from the group for 20 minutes at that moment... ;)

      Delete
  2. "Do you two...fondue?" - Captain America
    First thing that popped into my head. :grin:
    I don't know, there may be something in the yodeling theory... ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....Tasha, you're hilarious!! I LOVE Captain America.. *happy sigh
      Thanks for commenting...it literally made my day. :)
      And, I think I would have to agree about the yodeling -theory-. :)

      About the fondue, you probably would enjoy it, and hey, if we ever have it together, you can have all mine! For FREE! (And who doesn't like free meals?!) ;)
      Love you!

      Delete
  3. Oh, and I've never had fondue either, but it's CHEESE, so I'm sure I'd love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...