Background

Sunday, March 9, 2014

EU: Meet Venice!

Today, we walked around Venice. Talk about fun!! I already shared facts yesterday, so this will be shorter...mostly just pictures. :)
Waiting in the square...
We missed church today...but then, we also missed Daylight Savings... I'm curious, how many of you forgot about the "Springing Forward" an hour? Did you arrive in time for church?
Saint Marco's Square
 We visited the San Vidal Church, where the Interpreti Veneziani Concerts are being held currently (Featuring Vivaldi), and wow--is it gorgeous!!
In one of the squares, I came face-to-face with my first honest-to-goodness 'one-man band'!!!! That made my day...my week...okay, my year. I want to do that....make that contraption...oh yeah. I love the accordion, and the way he did it was almost like watching the One Man Band Pixar Short...(except there was no competition... :/)
The drum and cymbals are connected to his feet, and his "hat" has bells on it.
Another view (and he's my size too!)
This evening, we watched Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang...a video I haven't watched in maybe 4 years... It was so good to watch it again....it has always been a favorite, but this time, it was especially meaningful, having just come from Neuschwanstein Castle. Amazing how much I relate to Truly... She's awesome. =)

Afterwards, we went out for pizza. (Remember, dinner isn't served until 7pm.) If you are ever in Venice, go to the Al Vaporetta San Marco restaurant. Their food is great, prices are reasonable (for Venice), and they are VERY accommodating!!
Rebekah and my "chipmunk cheeks". (Her swelling has gone down a good bit...just red, blistered, and raw now.
The moon was especially beautiful tonight (though this doesn't catch half of it...) And my favorite constellations were visible as well--a glimpse of home, as always.

Looking Forward: Tomorrow is our last big travel day until we return to the United States. Last Stop: Monaco!! I can't wait!!
I'm really trying to work on graciousness right now, and conquer this attitude of negativity and contrariness that has been seeping in... Praise God for His grace! I am so blessed how so often my Bible reading and devotions match exactly what God is teaching me... For instance, today - Psalms 39.

"...I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.  I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am. Behold, Thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before Thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in Thee. Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish. I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because Thou didst it."
~ Psalms 39:1-2, 4-5, 7-8 ~

4 comments:

  1. Looks like SO much fun! If you ever go back I want to come with you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emillie! Wow, I miss you (and all the Chicago people)!! I doubt I will ever have the opportunity to come back, but if I do...I shall keep that in mind! ;)
      God bless you, dear sister as you serve Him so faithfully!! You are an inspiration! <3

      Delete
  2. It looks like that little man stepped right out of a story book or something. Love One Man Band. His hat is perfect. Did you tip him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he did... ;) And yes, we did tip him. :)

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...