Background

Saturday, March 15, 2014

EU: Ziplining Expedition

Today we went zip lining.... I love zip lining like I love heights...it is awesome, and one of my favorite things to do. I'm starting to accumulate various places I have zip lined: Ketchikan, Alaska; Davao City, Philippines; South Cotabato, Philippines, White Fish, Montana; and now Loubert, France!

Last Fall in Montana, we did some super long zip line, and rope courses following. This time, they were combined, which was a lot of fun. I love rope courses because they give just enough challenge to really sharpen your balance skills (and sometimes make you rethink your love of heights ;P)..
To get there, we had to walk to the train station, before taking a train, bus, and bike to the Zip Line place...
Something I learned:
Directions are a gift from God, especially when the difference is 2 loooong flights of stairs covering 200+ feet elevation (that is after walking 7 miles surrounding the country of Monaco the night before... ;P)
So, we have noticed in our travels that there are quite a few gulls missing an entire foot!! And, most of those we see are around the train stations... discussing it, it seemed unlikely that the foot went missing because the bird was perched on the train track.....so, we are wondering if a more likely explanation would potentially be the escalators?? Hmm.... They still get around quite well though!!
While biking, I was just thinking: "I love biking! It is so good to be biking right now! I'm on top of the world!", when all of a sudden, this lady and her 2 little (I mean little) dogs come opposite - my left, and the one purposefully tries to get under my wheel!! I never thought bikes were deadly, but it almost was...thank goodness for swerving...still.

James did awesome on this course!!! Wow...I'm impressed!
Hard to see, but Rebekah and Esther are on the left climbing along the side of the mountain...
The worst experience ever was this thing...you jump off a rope, into a net!! Agh....I hated it....talk about a face implant!! Scared my memory forever.... ;)
Looking Forward: Going home tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...