Background

Monday, July 18, 2011

Latest Update!!

I'm sorry I haven't posted an update in a while....I've been busy working on the last Butuan Trip, and am almost done with it. Please see below and the Archive tab on the lower left, for the posts. I will get the last 2 days finished with pictures, and an explanation of "Tuli", when I get back.

I am planning to update more when I get back, but here's a quick summary of the last week:
I worked Day and Clinic/Swing on the 13th/14th:

Baby I did a PostPartum Check on
On Friday (7/15), Terry celebrated her 60th birthday. To celebrate, ALL of us interns went Ziplining, on the THE longest SPEED Zipline in Asia, which is run and operated by Matt McNeil (Krys McNeil's husband)!!! This was the first (and last) time, that all of us have been together as a whole for an activity from the moment we got here. We had a blast!! Thanks Krys for letting us all take the day off!!!
Our Entire Team: Back Row: Jordan, Lydia, Annie, Stephanie, Terry, Julie
Front Row: Kamerie, me, Chantal
Jordan and Me
Swinging off on the first One
Coming Back from the 2nd one!
Waiting for the next girl: Terry, Stephanie, Annie, Lydia, me and Jordan
Whole Team!! Back: Annie & Lydia, Chantal, and Jordan
Front: Julie, Kamerie, Stephanie, Terry, and me
The Birthday Girl, Surrounded by the ones who made our day so wonderful!!
At Jack's Ridge for Lunch
After lunch, we went to the Crocodile Zoo, ect.
Yes, it is a baby crocodile, yes, it's mouth is taped close.
Albino Python!!! (Yes it's real!!!)
Eating IceCream at the Zoo with Stephanie and her Filipino Friends who came too.
On Saturday (7/16), I tried to figure out my shifts for my upcoming Butuan Trip (that I found out I was going on Friday night!! :D)
On Sunday (7/17), I worked Day Shift, and didn't do anything except 1 post partum check, and then went shopping at G-Mall afterwards to get groceries for the trip, and then also went next door to the visit the O.C. who was hosting a party all afternoon for their clients for the last 2 years, before they leave college!!! Talk about lots of people!! It was so neat!!!

On Monday (7/18), I worked Clinic Shift and Swing Shift. Clinic started at 7:45 am, and I served 11 NEW patients out of the total 69. The last one took over an hour, since we had such a good time talking in English, and partial Visayan. She wanted me to deliver her baby (as did at least 1 other girl today!!), which was so hard to say no to, since I'm leaving end of August (she's not due until November 1st). That was sad.

I got finished at 1:40pm, and Swing Shift started at 1:45pm. I was allowed to go home, change clothes, eat a quick bite, and then come back for endorsements. Jordan endorsed her labor to me, who had come in 20 minutes before.

At 5pm, she gave birth, and what an interesting birth that was!!! Hopefully more later.....here are some pictures. Coolest thing was though, this was my 3rd birth!!! And it was a "Lalake!!!" (BOY). This was by far my favorite shift of all the ones I've been too since I came here.
Foot Prints of Baby Jymark!!
Proud Parents
Proud Midwife!! :)
PS. Just had to mention that ranch life goes on!! We have had 2 baby alpacas born in the last week-both girls!!!! Praise the LORD!!

2 comments:

  1. SARAH PINKERTON!!!
    I had a dream that night of the day I read this...and THOSE same two animals were in my backyard. The crocodile had it's mouth taped and the snake was albino. I tried picking up the crocodile because you did it so I figured anybody could, but he was really heavy...and real squirmy and then I got scared so I just left it hahaha. And then the snake was in the neighbor's yard and my dad and the neighbor were trying to kill it because it was mean and would attack. My dad was shooting it with a gun, but it was pretty much invincible and bullets would just bounce off of it because snakes wouldn't die if shot..... :|
    *rolls eyes*
    THANKS a lot! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious Rachel!!! Maybe I should be more careful if my actions are infiltrating your dreams making you want to do 'dangerous' things too!! LOL Or, Maybe I should do it more often to see what other types of dreams you have!! LOL
    Thanks for sharing!! ;D
    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...