Background

Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 60: Going Normal Again...

We got back to Davao at 3 am, from which, Sylvette and I took a taxi back to the Clinic to freshen up, while the guys went to Bong's parent's home and slept. The plan was to reconvene after both parties had gotten some sleep.
I got up at 9am and got around, finding that my 'stomach' problem much subsided (praise the Lord!!), though I still had a fever of 99.8. The guys had some work to do at the car shop, so meanwhile, Sylvette and I went downtown to the Cinnamon Roll Shop, and got a box of assorted cinnamon rolls for them.

We then met them at Abreeza Mall, where we walked around and then sat down and ate lunch at a nice Grill. Jordan was pretty overwhelmed and struck with culture shock (for maybe the first time)...he was not expecting parts of Davao City to be so 'cityish'....and Abreeza....well, that would be the epitome of 'cityish'...Abreeza is a mall you'd find in New York or Europe...the styles, the prices (though much more moderate) etc. Some of the stores' tags were in 'pounds', not 'dollars' or 'pesos'!!

Since I wasn't supposed to be back until the late afternoon/evening, I had both my shifts covered (Clinic/Swing), but since I got back 'early', my swing shift coverer decided to withdraw and only told me about it 5 minutes before I would need to be on shift--right after we had ordered our food... It was more than a little disappointing, because we had the whole day planned, especially since I knew that if we hadn't gone back to the clinic to freshen up, our day still would have been perfect, but I knew God must have something in it.....

So, after my food came, I walked the 5 minute walk back to Mercy, changed out of my 'city clothes' (as the guys called them...and they wore 'Taga Bukid' with their backpacks lol), and went on Swing Shift, which happened to be totally dead.

My dear friend, Selah sent me a really good book about persecuted people in foreign nations for my birthday, which I found laying on my bed when I got back, and so I read that, while waiting for a labor (As I was first up)... About 45 minutes later, the guys and Sylvette came to the clinic to see what it looked like, and Bong got a Tetanus shot taga Sylvette, because he got a nasty cut on his foot from yesterday's adventures...
Premonitions of SAKIT!!! lol
Ahhhhhh!!
Cleaning it up....
After spending almost an hour at Mercy, they and Jordan Ruseler left with Matt McNeil to go to the Jennings home (they are the directors/instigators of Nehemiah Teams...very good friends of the McNeils), and then went and spent the evening at Bong's parents' home.
My 3rd Handle...the complete family....
Meanwhile, I worked both Swing Shift and Night Shift...but it was pretty dead...there was a baby born right before Swing Endorsements (before I got there), and another one born at 2:44pm (but the positions were already covered by the time I got there), but since I didn't get there until around 2:15, I occupied myself with other things. I was up next, and so when later in the evening, a gal walked in--who 21 hours before, had a Premature Rupture of Membranes (P-ROM)--I got to transport her with one of the other girls.
WHAT I LEARNED:
Even if I don't know why God allows a situation to happen, God knows best, and He has a reason for everything, regardless if he tells me or not, so I should not be bitter or mad about it...otherwise, I'll reap the consequences!! ;)

Texts from the Bukid:
"A simple life in the fear of the God is better than a rich life with a ton of headaches. Proverbs 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...