Background

Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 61: Goodbyes, Babies, Etc.

As I said in the last post, Night Shift was dead, so out of a 16 hr. work day, I got to sleep around 9 of those hours: 12am-5am, I slept deep, with no awakenings. Then, at 5am, Lydia, Annie, and Stephanie woke me up---per my request---to say goodbye to me.
I'm going to miss these girls.....what dear friends: Annie, Lydia, and Stephanie
They have worked long and hard these last two months, and though they have learned a lot, delivered many babies, and really enjoyed their stay, they were all eager to get home....especially the Barnett girls. And no wonder either!!! Lydia is getting married in 3 weeks!!!!

Her selflessness and cheerfulness during these past couple months, as well as her amazing and beautiful testimony of her and Loren's meeting, courtship, and engagement has been such a blessing and encouragement to so many of the girls here. Personally, it has inspired me to a higher standard of living and another example of how the "pre-marriage period" can be.

This morning (after shift), I talked to my mom for 1.5 hrs, as well as my many siblings, both those at home, and the older men who are in the Midwest at an AirShow, etc.

Guess what I found out??? My alpaca-Hadassah had her baby on July 26th!!!! Her first girl (3rd baby...or G3P3L2 :D), and a dark one too!!! I'm so excited!!!
Hours old
As many of you know, one of my 'hobbies', or semi-passions, is genealogy/names. I love naming things, and pretty much everything I name (which is quite numerous now :D), has a story behind it. I love looking on BLB, and searching the Hebrew and Greek root words and definitions of words, as is evident by even my blog name!!

Anyway, I instantly decided to follow her mother's line, in something Biblically minded. Just like they did in Bible Times (and in many places in the world they still do this), I enjoy naming things after what God is teaching me. This is one of those times. I decided to name her Tekhinah Chayil:

Tekhinah is my version of 'techinnah', which literally means 'favor, supplication, supplication for favor', from the root word which means grace and mercy.
Chayil is the word used for 'virtuous' in the Bible.
In the past few weeks, especially, God has been drawing me ever closer to Him, and I am learning so much about how Amazing He is, and how we are but little ants that He loves; how Sovereign He is--All-Knowing, All-Powerful, All-Infinite, and yet, He takes time every day to spend with me!!! To talk to me, to listen to me, to chasten me, to bow me before His throne...

These verses sum up a lot of what has happened in the last few weeks and months.
Yet have Thou respect unto the prayer of Thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which Thy servant prayeth before Thee today.
~ 1 Kings 8:28 ~
And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou has made before ME: I have hallowed this house, which thou has bulit, to put My Name there for ever; and Mine eyes and Mine heart shall be there perpetually.
~ 1 Kings 9:3 ~

Funny story: At 5:30pm, I received a phonecall from 'Jordan's Cell', and there was a Filipina on the other end, and then it was transferred to a Filipino!! They spoke 'gamay' english (little), so I went over to the Clinic, and had the guards (specifically John) talk to them, to try to figure out why they had Jordan's phone in G-Mall, and how we could get it back.

Ends up that Jordan and Chantal went window/shopping in G-Mall today, and at some point Jordan left her phone next to a Jewelry Shop. So, when they got back at 6:15pm, I told her about the situation, and we went to G-Mall together. After a good long walk from Victoria to G-Mall, more than a few spins around the 2nd floor trying to find the meeting place, a half dozen texts/phonecalls to the security guard who had it in possession, and a miracle from God, we got the phone, and headed home. Salamat Genoo!!! (Thank you Lord!) What an adventure!!!

I have Night Shift again tonight...what fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...