Background

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Butuan Outreach

Jordan and I leave in 1/2 hr. on the Butuan Outreach, where we (as well as 3 other Mercy girls) will be conducting prenatals, checkups, health teachings, circumcisions, and sharing the Gospel until July 10th with Nehemiah Teams.
As with last time, I am not going to have internet access for the entire time, and will be about 8 hours NW of my current location. I apologize for not updating the last couple days yet, but I will finish that when I get back...until then, you'll have to wait for my big news!!!!

We're leaving this morning at 2:30 am, and will take a bus (8 hrs) to Butuan. The plan is that we will purchase our food in Butuan, before heading out via motorbike to the Villages we'll be staying in.

Please pray for us during this time!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sarah,
    Well, you certainly have gotten your baby experience!!!! What a blessed time full of adventure and praising the Lord! Looking forward to how the trip went. How do you share the gospel with others? Do you have an interpreter? Have you picked up any of the language?
    Love, blessing and safety! In the name of our Lord Jesus. Mrs. Harned

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Harned!!
    Yes, we have an interpreter, though sometimes we are able to communicate to them either through Visayan/Cebuano (pretty much the same thing) or English.

    Filipinos LOVE testimonies, and so usually we present the Gospel by giving out own personal testimonies. Other times, we simply explain the Salvation Story.

    I have picked up quite a bit of the language, though more than anything, it is 'labor talk'. :) Being out in the Bukid though has majorly helped my Cebuano, and I am really enjoying using it.
    Thank you for your questions!!
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...