Background

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 33: My 18th Birthday!!

My birthday was amazing!!!! I could NOT have asked for a better birthday!!!!
It started with Night Shift, when I was able to get my last Assist done, so now I can handle births!!

Then, I 'accidentally/randomly' (or more like Providentially) met my 'Cont' at the Clinic, and was able to say hi to her and her baby again.
Afterwards, Jordan and I went to Agdao Market to pick up vegetables (and peanut butter) for dinner.
We were honored to have the McNeils eat dinner at our house tonight, and what a delight that was!!!! We had a good old-fashioned Idaho Meal, with Potato Soup, Green Beans, and Fried Cornbread (thanks Lydia!!).

Afterwards, the girls surprised me with bringing out Angel Food Cake with Strawberry Syrup and Icecream....yummy!!!
Here is a short/accidental video of the Matt and Krys McNeil and their 2 daughters - Josie and Jessica.

It was so wonderful to fellowship with a Christian Family, hear missionary stories, and see Jessica's  enthrallment with my Hermit Crabs.

It started raining during dinner, and by the time we were done, there was some slight flooding. Some of the girls went out and had a 'rain party', & pretty soon the rest of joined, as well as the Orange House folks!! Talk about fun!!!!
Jordan, Annie, Stephanie, and Lydia enjoying the rain!
Afterwards, we all changed into dry clothes, and then went to the OR (orange house) for Hot Milo, cookines, and burnt marshmallows!!!!

Goofing around!
Michaela, Steph, and Annie
Jenna and her brother who is visiting


As I enter my 18th Year, my goal is to become the woman God wants me to be and learn how to be the best helpmeet I can be for my future husband - who ever he may be.

That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God may not be blasphemed. 
~ Titus 2:4-5 ~

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
~ 1 Peter 3:4 ~

I want to continue to hone and learn new skills, learn to always treat my father and brothers with the utmost respect and honor as my God-given authorities and leaders, finish my AA in Liberal Arts (Thomas Edison State University), continue my midwifery and nutrition training, continue learning Visayan and Spanish, and most importantly, learn to always - wholly and completely - lean on Jesus Christ as my Saviour and King: learning to wait on His leading, instead of mentally assuming which direction He might be guiding me in...learning to be patient.

God's theme verse for my life in the last 2 years (and again this year), is:
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him...
~ Psalms 37:7 ~

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
~ Matthew 11:-28-30 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...