Background

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 8: Night Shift

Night Shift went really well...the Swing Shift had 5 babies born!!!! (Lucky girls!!) I guess one of them was a dreaded Shoulder Dystocia, & that the baby was stuck for 1.5 minutes before they were able to get it delivered (Praise the Lord!!)

When we got on shift, they had a gal (Jenny) who was in early labor. I was asked to shadow/help Ruth (one of the students), & as she was the Primary Midwife for the Jenny, I got to help her with it. Jenny had a baby girl--Zylene--at 4:13 am (6/3/2011), weighing in at 6.12 lbs.

We had another gal come in around 3 that was in early labor as well, but she was endorsed to the next Shift at 6 am.

Jordan & I with Jenny & Zylene

Most of our Night Shift team: me, Joy (our Shift supervisor), Ruth (holding Zylene), Jordan & Terry

Joy & Ruth with Zylene

Stephanie & Lydia in for Day Shift

The Beautiful Jordan :D

1 comment:

  1. Sarah;
    What a sweet presence you are to all of the laboring mama's and other interns! Thank you for writing about your experiences. I am praying for you all.

    Chantal's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...