Background

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 12: Night Shift

Night Shift went well, with 2 gals in Stage 1 labor when we got on shift. I started charting for C1's labor. When she needed to rest for a while, I was asked to accompany Claire--a young Filipina midwife--transfer C2 to the hospital, because of complications.
The weather at midnight was no less then 70-75`F, with an occasional trickle of rain & slight breeze...still very nice & warm weather. :D It was pretty sweet, because on going outside, Claire shivered & exclaimed "Cold!!" I kind of laughed, & said incredulously, "Cold!?!"
Once we got the C2 to the hospital & had settled back down, I brought back up the subject of weather, & explained to her, how to me, the weather was still quite warm, compared to where I'm from, where "cold" is around 32 degrees in the winter, etc. Upon which she asked where I was from, & then shivering, said, "I don't want to live there!!!" Whereupon, we both laughed. :)
When we got back, Jordan had taken over charting C1's labor, freeing me up to get whatever items were needed, & watch the whole birth.
I have now officially finished the first 5 births I needed for the 'Observation' Stage. Of course, I didn't really 'just observe' at all the births.....but am officially in the 'Charting' Stage (as of next birth)... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...