Background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 13: Day Shift

I arrived for my Shift at 5:45 am, & was immediately integrated into an already ongoing labor (C1), as a Charter (my first as an 'Official'). Jordan just made it to the 'Assisting' Status, & so was the official 'Assistant', which was a really good experience for her...
They had a little girl....isn't she beautiful? Jordan & I bathed her while Makayla sutured the mommy, which was fun...

Another gal (C2) came in at 2 cm dilated & only 30% effaced, & not at all ready. Fonda (her midwife) wanted to send her home to relax & eat, but C2 begged to stay, as she was 'afraid'. Fonda took pity on her, & let her stay--as the clinic was 'dead'--with instructions to go get some breakfast. Guess what? C2 never came back!!! LOL :D Oh well!! Hopefully she'll come in when she's ready!!! (UPDATE: She came back later tonight, & had her baby.)
I was able to conduct a Postpartum Checkup as Primary under Supervision, which was pretty neat, & help with another one.

Last night, the girls found a HUGE Spider (approx. 4"--no kidding!!) on the wall, & they were BEGGING for someone to kill it...I didn't want to, because I'm sure it's helping with the nasty bug population, & besides, as long as it stays outside (& doesn't charge me!!), I'm okay with it!!! I did get some pictures of it though....

I'm working Clinic & Swing Shift tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...