Background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 16: Day Shift/Church

Day Shift was pretty dead this morning. There were 3 babies born on the last shift (one of which, Jordan & I did a Prenatal on 2 days ago), & so  besides d/c (discharging) them, there was nothing really to do. 
I did get to do a pp/baby check, which was fun. The mom had her 3 yr. old with her too, & boy, was she Curious George!!! :) It was really sweet!
resting on the couches
In the afternoon, Chantal, Terry, Julie & I went to the 'Chinese Baptist Church', next to G-Mall. (The other girls went this morning.) Today is the Philippine's Independence Day, so the Pastor tied that into the Service.
The pastor talked about how the Bible commands us to pray for our leaders, our government, and our Country, & then we prayed...what a powerful prayer (I wish I had been able to record it)... The thing that hit me the most though, was that he prayed that God would chastise our Country. I'd never really thought of that before...change-yes, break-yes, bring some trial-yes, but chastise???

 It suddenly hit me, that we in America are not alone. There are Christians in other countries who are crying out for God to change their lands too!! I've read so many auto/biographies, it's not even funny, the one that hit me the most was the Heavenly Man, which is SO recent, & though I knew that it was like this in other countries, I guess I'd never really, really thought about it like this before!! Talk about revelational!!

The service was spoken in English, besides a few sentences every now and then, & the text was on 1 Samuel 3:1-10, where God calls Samuel.  The major points were:
- God has given us each a calling, & we need to make sure that what we're doing is what He has called us to. 
- Sometimes His calling in one direction is only for a short time, & so often, we don't want to move to the next thing God is calling us to do. One way the pastor  put it is that 'The same God that calls us to something, is also the same God that changes that calling, or ends it'.
- 'Callings' are not just to the Mission or Ministerial fields. God has called most women to be keepers at home, wives & mothers. 

This was a really good reminder to me, because so often I'll see a leading in maybe what God want me to do, or where He wants me to go, & then I'll start getting 'tight-fisted' about it. Whereas, God wants me to keep an open palm, & just trust in Him!!!

I am really excited to see what God has planned for my future, & I am so thankful for all of those who are lifting me up in prayer continually. May God bless you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the details of the church service. It gives me the opportunity to feel some of what you feel and opens my eyes to the truth that we are all people..different countries, but the same..... people, people that God has created with a deep desire to know Him and follow Him.
    Mrs. R

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...