Background

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Crocodile Park/Eye Exam

With Karissa leaving on Tuesday morning early, we had our last few days together packed with not only our busy shift schedules but doing some shopping, and going to the Crocodile Park. Saturday, we went to the Crocodile Park (via motorcycle), and I showed her around (being that I went there last year).  
Trust in meeeee...trust in meeeeee.... (From The Jungle Book)
I touched it...It woke up...I jumped...It jumped..It didn't eat me.
One of the largest crocs in the world (so I'm told)
Yeah..he may look hini-hini (slow), pero (but) he is pus-pus kaayo!! (very fast)
Who ever said turtles are slow need to reanalyze that statement--they may not be jaguars, pero, they keep plodding, and this one sure can move!! 
They had an incredible FireDance show...with maybe 16 dancers and many different forms of using fire. Thought of you Samuel and Alyssa!! <3..and I have a video!! ;D
We actually went to the Crocodile Park on both Saturday and Sunday (Sunday for the show), because Sylvette's bridal shower was Saturday afternoon...(next post.) ;)

Sunday night, besides shopping before Night Shift (last post), Karissa got new glasses, and the place we went to gave free eye exams, so I got one done for the first time in maybe 4 years! I used to wear glasses, because of a timing problem in my eyes (due to my brain being lodged forward), though I was also around 70-80/50-60 near-sighted.
Ever since my brain got moved back (correcting most all of my weird physical/endocrine problems, except my height ;P), I haven't worn my glasses, but always thought my eyes still weren't quite perfect, and knew my depth perception was sometimes way off.
Karissa's old glasses are similar to mine, except mine have dark frames and are a slightly different shape..kinda fun!!
Anyway, just as I suspected, my vision is 50/25 (R/L eye)-not perfect, but no need in my mind to wear glasses, as consistent use of glasses will only make my eyes lazy. However, I may go back to wearing my old exercise glasses again sometimes... :)... Overall though, it was so good to have an eye exam as an adult versus a child who has eye problems (and wants glasses).
Praise God for His healing!! At least I can drive!!

1 comment:

  1. I do not do snakes. Period. Therefore, I am extremely impressed that you have no problem touching and holding them! *grin*

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...