Background

Thursday, October 25, 2012

7th/17th Catch!

10/22 Swing Shift. Seems like all these last few things I have had something especially something different....and learned something new (oh wait, isn't that why I'm here? To learn?? ;p)

My patient-Annie's labor started at 7am. (32 yo, and G5P3M1) She came at 6:03pm after working all day at the diesel pump (through her labor). SROM-Light Stain at 6:23pm. IE Done done immediately, showing 8-9cm dilation, very effaced and +2 station.
She was hypertensive (144/100), and so we took necessary treatment steps, including inserting an D5 IV in her cephalic vein, having her drink water, and left-side lie. At 6:40pm, she tried pushing, and at 6:45pm, baby BOY--pus-pus kaayo! (very, very fast)--with a body wrap. So fast in fact, that my supervisor was there with me for the birth, and Ate´Elsa came and charted, but since we had another gal pushing at the same time....I was partly my own assistant! (Though Ate´Else helped too.) :)
APGAR Scores of 8 and 8 and an EBL of 250cc (200cc of which was trapped inside the membranes). Had to use hemostats to remove her trailing membranes, and she had a 1st degree tear, which Ate´Elsa decided to suturd.
They named him Khalel. He weighed 6lbs 7 oz and was 20.75" long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...