Background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Labors Kaayo/Mama's Birthday!

I worked Night Shift last night...talk about busy!! I had 2 early labors, simultaneously, for most of the night, and then had an almost Fully patient walk in a little more than an hour before Endorsements were due... I also charted one of Claire's births....smooth and fast!!
Echo with baby, me and Claire
It was great, there were 3 Filipinas, Echo (a 1st year) and I...and between all the labor monitoring, we had some precious Fellowship and encouragement times....talked a whole lot on child training and, well...just about everything. :)

I love working with the Filipinos....especially one of the new midwives--Rodelyn.. She's so sweet and always has a smile on her face.

I almost caught my 4th baby, with my last labor, but after consideration and prayer, I felt it was best to endorse her to the next shift, instead of continuing her care..(which, depending on how fast she birthed, meant I might not get home until almost lunch time....) She gave birth 8 minutes after Shift ended... God knows...

Today is Mama's birthday.....I was so blessed to be able to spend a good portion of the day spending time vicariously celebrating with her, and all my siblings (including Rachel and Daniel!) and friends over Skype..good memories!!

Happy Birthday Mommy!! You are my hero and role model...You are patient, you are kind, you are nurturing, you are wise. I love you SO much and want to be just like you when I grow up!!!!

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the day of her life.
Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

Many daughters have done virtuously but thou excellest them all. Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
~ Proverbs 31:10-12, 25-31 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...