Background

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shopping with Karissa

Karissa and I are like a hand and a glove...kinda like Rachel and I. We are so opposite in personalities, but really have become very close friends, and I am going to miss her desperately when she goes back home next week....I guess that means I'll just have to draw even closer to God, since soon, that is all I'll really have--which I know is God wants.

So, yesterday, Karissa and I needed to run errands, most of which had to do with going to the bank, Al Davinco, Chinatown, and Victoria Plaza. Window shopping, and not....and well, we spent all afternoon and evening just having girl fun....much better than the malls!! I bet we walked 2.5 miles by the time we were done... Lots of memories made!!!

The following are either on our way to Chinatown (we walked) or in the shops there:
I want one!!! I love pretty things! And THIS--IS PRETTY!!
This one is for you Papa!! Thought you'd get a kick out of seeing a Sun Financial here.
Chandelier Shop
Beauts, some of them
I love how the kitty cat is sleeping on the desk while the owner is tallying sums..  
Karissa and I in the shops...all we are missing are the forehead wraps...
Department Stores fascinate me....I have read about them in books--like all the ones in WWII, etc, and in that day and age, but I'm a small town, country girl and I've never really been in them before. 

The next sentence is my version of 'Department Stores for Dummies': Department Stores are huge--many floors with many different sections, and pretty much everything you need...and lots of employees trying to help you get what you need. Oh, no taking pictures either.... ;p
Wish I'd gotten the front of this..... Anyway, this is ingenious! a key holder that looks like a beautiful garden plaque.
So, today, we went to Rose Pharmacy to get medical supplies, and stopped by the amazing Boodels for lunch first. Karissa and I got to talking about glasses (since I used to wear them), and her glasses are a similar shape to mine...so we had to take pictures. :)
 Okay...last funny story for tonight, and then I'm hitting the sack....
I just moved into the intern room yesterday (with Karissa's help), which'll be nice to get my junk sorted and packed for Butuan.. Anyway, I decided to blog in there tonight and get some more stuff moved around, and got a lot of stuff done. Then, my computer was running out of power, so I went to get my cord, and when I came back, I started climbing onto the top bunk again, and it fell in!!!!

I guess the big metal bedframe is just standing there--no bolts attached--yikes!!!! Good thing there was no one sleeping underneath, otherwise, I'm afraid they'd be either be done in or in the hospital--literally!

So, ya know what they say: "If ya get bucked off, try it again", so I put it back together, and tried again (more carefully)...and boom! Same thing... Poor invisible person! They've died twice now...

Guess I'll trash that idea! :) Don't want the 3rd time to be the charm and the invisi-person to suddenly show up in ghost form!! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...