Background

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mouse Ballad

So, as I was writing my last post, one of the girls told me that there was a mouse under our kitchen sink. After I finished writing, I decided to get a quick midnight snack before hitting the sack (since it is almost midnight), and was reminiscing over all my mouse stories...

Well, I heard him...he was playing with the plastic bags under the sink!! So, I decided to open up the cupboard, but saw him kind of dart, and kind of jumped, and so missed seeing him. Well, I would have tried to catch him, but it was discouraged as he is contained right now (supposedly), and he might get into the house....so I suppose we'll continue living with him -- under the sink -- for a few more days.
I have a feeling that this story is not finished...whether I am here when it is? I know not.... A song anyone?? ;)

Oh, did I tell you all about the dead drowned cockroach I found in our water bucket in our shower the other morning?? What a great thing to find when you're already in the shower!! (not) First one I've seen in this house.. I'm sure there are more!! Let them come.....JUST LEAVE MY TOOTHBRUSH ALONE!!! XD

Oh, did I tell you about the sirens this morning? I think there must have been a fire or something, because for 15 minutes, sirens kept going by....sounded like the engines and a few ambulances....reminded me of home...good memories...
A GIANT Cockroach -- Britney, this one is for you!! How disgusting can they get?? I would scream.... (Don't worry, I just found it on Google)

Sweet dreams everybody!! I know how much sleep I'm going to get tonight...

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are well settled and having a good time, Sarah! ...My two favorite mouse stories took place at your home...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mice at our house?? lol Those were the days! Which ones are you thinking of in particular???

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you need a good cat to take care of the mouse! *grin*

    Okay, mice I can deal with, but that picture of the giant cockroach...yick. I sincerely hope you have none that big!! ;)

    Missed you at church today!
    Love and blessings,
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...Right on Tasha!! We have tons of them here...but they're not the type we really want in our house. *grin back* ;p

      Yeah....my stomach grew sick at the sight of the giant cockroach too...that would freak me out...a little like the giant squid in 20,000 Leagues under the Sea (or whatever that number is)..We watched it when I was little, and I'll never forget the helpless drowning feeling of having that squid trying to get into the submarine!!! Can you imagine waking up with the giant roach on your stomach?? Eek!!
      Reminds me of what the 200 lb. parakeet says to the cat: "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!!"

      Missed being at church...thought of everyone!!
      Love and blessings right back atcha!!
      ~ Sarah Hope

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...