Background

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

3rd Shift

I had Day Shift today....we were only endorsed a PostPartum from last night (born at 12:05am). However, at 6:55am, a labor walked in, and at 7:03am, she started pushing. I charted the whole thing..and a beautiful baby girl was born at 7:18am with placenta out at 7:31am!! Little Samantha...

Here I am with Violet--one of the 1st year 'volunteers', who observed the birth. She's a bit younger than me (there's actually a few this year that are younger than me!! And a few that are just my age too.) She's an EMT also, and is super sweet...
 The rest of shift was pretty dead..we had some postpartums come in, referred a labor, and sent some gals home. At 1pm, all the girls had class, so it was just 3 of us intern volunteers managing the birth room..until all of them got out....

I left at 3pm to spend the rest of the afternoon shopping with Karissa at Victoria Mall. We had a lot of fun, and decided to eat ice cream on the mall steps...until the guards shyly informed us that we shouldn't....it was absolutely hilarious..but you would have had to have been there to understand...
We certainly made some wonderful memories!!!
Afterwards, we spent some time figuring out plans for a couple weekends from now....which I'm sure you will hear about!! ;p And, I got to play the piano for the first time in a week!! What a wonderful feeling....

Tonight, we had more fun with that little mouse I was telling you about. I had scarcely started to walk in the door tonight, when I was informed that the mouse was on my left...oh well!! I guess it had been wandering around, and he continued to do so for the rest of the night. We decided to name him Ralph...and I suppose he is now almost a bit of a pet! We had great fun watching it during supper (when it was appear), scaring each other, and even better, when it ran across one of the girl's feet when she was trying to climb into bed!!

Now it's back in the kitchen...it's rather cute, and for some reason, even with all the threatening, none of us have killed it yet. Tomorrow is sure to bring more fun!! However....I'm working Clinic and Swing, so I won't be here to see it at all!!
Until later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...