Background

Sunday, September 16, 2012

2nd Shift

Happy Sunday everyone!! I had a relaxing morning sleeping in, getting semi-unpacked (there are a lot of girls in our room, and hardly any empty spaces left=okay lang), having devotions, doing laundry, and fellowshipping with other girls.

Swing Shift started at 2pm, and our first baby was born at 2:51pm. It seemed like all the action came about 10 minutes after endorsements finished and most of the Day Shifters didn't end up leaving until past 4pm. We had another baby born at 3:30, a few labours, and a transport.
I was able to observe the birth of little Samantha, and helped chart towards the end as well. Her mom was so calm in delivering her!! It was her first birth too... I want to be just like her when my time comes. Poor girl, the baby had 2 nuchal hands--1 by her face and an 'invisible one' (by her chest), which created a small pocket tear, but it was all good and well.

After about 5 pm, it got really quiet, and all we endorsed was a Labor (who started pushing as we were leaving), with both births having already been discharged for the night.

So, I have my mandatory observes out of the way, and so can start really 'charting'/assisting...

I am off tomorrow, and so will probably be helping Sylvette with more wedding plans, amongst other things. Maayong Gabi'i!! (Good night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...