Background

Monday, November 26, 2012

Cagayan de Oro

Monday morning, I did laundry, and we got some  things up around the house, and then spent the rest of the day purchasing things at different stores, with the first stop at the Mall...which we just looked around at.
The Gate Entrance to their village
Toto and Inday's home...so comfortable!!
The Mall--so badly wanted to climb that tree!!!
Toto's cousin-Ja has been watching over the house for him, and adding him to our party was a lot of fun.
Inside the mall
 For lunch, we went to Toto's 'favorite' restaurant...a really nice one too..
 They even had a piano which somehow they convinced me to play on... The humidity kills pianos here, but because of the A/C, it was somewhat salvaged, and had pretty good tone... Talk about my being nervous playing in a restaurant!! Most of the songs I know aren't exactly 'restaurant worthy' songs....mostly hymns or Christian songs, which in America..is a no-no.. They turned the music off too, and every time I went to get off, I was told to keep playing... Yi.. I think I did passable. ;)
 There was a lot to crowd in the back...table, chairs, flooring, etc...but the boys all had smiles!!
Here is a glimpse of what the house looked like with all our junk in it during/before we put flooring down..
The bedroom, (after we moved all the stuff in the Left corner into it)
Looking from the living room, through the hallway/dining area to the kitchen/bathroom area.
The kitchen (where Sylvette was making dinner)
 Putting flooring down. (Unlike in the US, this flooring is 'temporary style'..it just sits on top of the concrete..that is the way they do it here.)
 Sleeping area...Toto and Inday got the bedroom, the boys slept on the floor and I slept in my hammock.
 After I left, Tuesday morning, they painted the walls cream.
Monday night, we stayed up playing a card game and having so much fun....it was such a blast and so memorable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...