Background

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bastes Wedding Reception

As soon as we bridesmaids/groomsmen were finished with our part of the Pictorials, we were driven to to the Reception Venue (a 5+ minute drive) to help welcome the guests. To avoid stray people walking in and getting a bite of food, all the guests had a ticket that I had to give to enter the venue... I had fun joking the receivers with my 'invisible' one.. ;)
Jim's older brother did a classy job on the Newlywed car..
We had been there for maybe 1/2 an hour, welcoming and seating guests, when I was informed that my computer was needed for the slideshow...it was at home..about 15 minutes away. The only way to get it was to ride via motorcycle...thankfully Jojo had his motorcycle there, and was able to be my driver....
It was so funny to watch people's faces as we drove by...not only am I puti (white), but I was also wearing my bridesmaid dress behind this gwapo dressed guy...
Only to get back to the reception and find they didn't need it anymore.. (I had double-checked and clarified before we left....so it was pretty funny...but the ride was worth the 1/2 we were gone...or actually, I think it only took 20 minutes...... lol)
Thankfully, we got back right before the Bridal Couple's grand entrance.
 The Father-Daughter dance was precious...and even sweeter was how each of her 4 brothers got turns after that, before allowing her to dance for the first time with her husband!
The Money Tree is a really neat idea..especially for those here--giving monetary gifts instead of gifts, or as an additional present...
 We had so many people, we had to get at least 4 more long tables, and most of the bridal party ended up sitting in the back to give preference to the guests...which was fun anyway.
 The Boswell girls (Heather--one of the head midwives at Mercy) - Elianna and Justine sang a couple of songs during the reception which was really sweet. They're really precious girls..
Heather made and decorated the cakes..beautiful work.
Bouquet Toss....that was a lot of fun..a lot of girls were shy, so I was commissioned to go round them all up...then, once we were all up there, I was pushed to the front, and everyone started yelling for ME to catch the bouquet!!! Yi..... that wouldn't have been a good idea..haha
Anyway, ends up that Eva and I both caught it..but she ended up having it.. ;)
 The winners of the Bouquet and Garter Tosses..Eva and Ezra.. It was sooo funny, because the Garter Catcher then has to put the Garter on the Bouquet Catcher... ... ... It was hilarious!!!
 Then, all the sponsors, and other significant people shared words of wisdom, encouragement or prayer... And then another official prayer over the couple.
 Opening a couple presents, though the rest were opened here at home.. :)
Mercy Girls!!
Joy (a cousin) and I....love that girl!!! 
That was a fun picture!!! Ate´Suse, Zoey, Ate´Elsa, Me, Melissa, & Norms 
Cousins, me, Aunt Eleanor and her new Egyptian husband
My groomsman partner--Ezra and I.
Some very special people..
Once everyone left, then we still had to clean up...and goof off...and bring the presents/decor to the church/house...etc etc.. One thing that I really enjoyed (once the convinced me to do it) was to pop the balloons by sitting on them.... (And for those who knows me well, that has always scared the wits out of me... lol They got some good laughs, but by the end of the time, I was enjoying it!! :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...