Background

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving in Davao

Originally I was going to only have a few days wrapping up my stuff in Davao, and getting things packed, etc. for Butuan, however I ended up not leaving until Saturday, which gave me the opportunity to not only get in a shift at Mercy--covering for another girl on BCG Clinic, but also to spend Thanksgiving with the Mercy group before heading off to Marbel again to join Jim Harris and Sylvette on their road trip up to Cagayan de Oro to help them settle in to their new home..
Boys wrestling and girls watching...just like in the US. ;) (these are 4 different families)
It was so much fun having real American food..probably one of the best, if not the best Thanksgiving meal I've ever had!!! Maybe partly too, because they had chicken instead of turkey...which I do a lot better on...
Dieneke in her Indian clothes (where her family is missionaries)
Rebecca's boys are so sweet!!
Jamie, Jane and I
 The dessert table.....one of the girls made all the doughnuts, and I have to say that besides Doughnut Holes, they beat all!!
 Our makeshift tables...the prenatal beds. ;)
It was a beautiful and memorable Thanksgiving dinner... I have SO much to be thankful for!!
1) My relationship with Jesus Christ, who without, I am nothing.
2) My amazing parents, who have supported me in all my endeavors, at home and abroad, and trained me up from a young age in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
3) My precious 8 siblings who have taken over the ranch and housework in the past 3 years so well, and who have lovingly encouraged, prayed for, and written me letters, and patiently endured all the time away from them which has been necessary in the last 2 years..and for so graciously accepting me as I am--growing in the Lord, even with all my many faults.
4) My grandparents..especially Oma, who is the self-initiated 'President of my Fan Club'..I love you so very much Oma!! Thank you for being a listening ear, and praying for me every step of the way and of my life, and being one of my role models!
5) My 2nd and 3rd families..the Gauls and Serisolas... I love you all so much!! God has so richly blessed me through you all..
6) My precious circle of friends...especially Selah, Jordan, Alyssa, and Sylvette... I love you girls!! Thank you for your Godly 'peer pressure' ;p, and encouragement to live for the Lord every moment of every day...
7) My church family, who have lifted me up in prayer and encouraged me in my endeavors these past few years.
8) All those here in the Philippines--Subait, Butuan, Marbel, Davao.....each one of you have had an impact to my life...some have been challenging, others have been just a sincere blessing....
9) The opportunity to live here in the Philippines for 9 months (total), and serve the Filipino people in such a variety of ways...
10) To see how God has provided each step of the way, and knowing and seeing that as I call on Him, He is faithful to answer me, lead me, and direct me in His paths.

There are SO many other things I am grateful for....the list is unending.. I am overwhelmed by the love I have felt by so many people, both here and at home, and for the support they have shown me in the last 2 years, during all my adventures, trials, etc.
God is faithful!!!
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His Holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; Who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The LORD executeth righteousness and judgement for all that are oppressed. He made known His ways unto Moses, His acts unto the children of Israel. The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will He keep His anger for ever.
He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him.

As far as the East is from the West, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us. ... But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and His righteousness unto children's children; to such as keep His covenant, and to those that remember His commandments to do them.

Bless the LORD, ye His angels, that excel in strength, that do His commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His Word. Bless ye the LORD, all ye His hosts; ye ministers of His, that do His pleasure. Bless the LORD, all His works in all places of His dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
~ Psalms 103:1-12, 17-18, 20-22 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...