Background

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hear Am I Lord, Send Me!!

Since I left the Philippines 9 months ago, my heart's cry has been to go back and serve the villagers in the mountains, share the Hope that is within me, and disciple those that find my Jesus. Deep within my heart, I thought God wanted me to go back in 2012.
Summer 2011
It was not until March though, that I felt the Spirit's lead to contact my friends in the Philippines about going back. Meanwhile, I did what I felt Him asking me to do--pursue EMT. Through much prayer, waiting, and releasing everything to God over and over again, He has continued to open the doors for me to go back.

But as for me, my prayer is unto Thee, O LORD, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of Thy mercy hear me, in the truth of Thy salvation. Hear me, O LORD; for Thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of Thy tender mercies.
~ Psalms 69:13 & 16 ~

Last week, while I was at my Skills Camp, I received the last of my confirmatory letters verifying the need and joyful acceptance of my going back to help.  This morning, after more prayer and consideration, my parents gave me their full blessing to purchase the plane tickets and start finalizing all the details.

Dao Valente, I will leave around September 15th, 2012, and return around March 15th, 2013. I will fly to Davao City, and volunteer for around 6 weeks at Mercy Maternity Clinic (the same place I volunteered last year) to refresh my Midwifery Skills, before heading out to Butuan's Bukid (where I did most of my outreaches) for the remaining 4.5 months, to help my Filipino Surgeon friend-Bong and his team in the villages.

In all, I need to raise around $4000, $1900 of which, I have already covered. I believe, through working and saving this summer, I should have no problem raising the rest.

While there in the mountains (and at the Clinic), I will be helping and performing Routine Prenatals, delivering babies, giving health teachings and basic health care/checkups, evangelizing, discipling, helping to lead Bible Studies, and encouraging the edification of the believers already there in Christ.
Please pray for me:
That in all my preparations, I would keep an open hand to God's guiding;
That as my work consumes me (since it usually does..I love it SO much!), that I would have a tender heart towards my little siblings and my parents who 'supposedly' are going to miss me ;p;
That I would not get weary in well-doing, but that in everything I do, that I would be doing it in Christ, not of works, lest any man should boast;
That in everything I do, it would give God the glory, and would be a blessing to others.

The following verses describe my journey the last 9 months to a T...the asking, the waiting, the resting in His timing, the doing as He asked, the trusting, the meditating in His Word, the asking again, the hunger & ache to go back, the trusting in His timing and again abiding in His resting place, asking what His will for me is, resting, waiting, meditating, and then suddenly, an ANSWER!! -- "write a letter", obedience, waiting, resting, waiting, meditating, waiting, an ANSWER!! -- "Yes, come to the Bukid! We need you!", prayer, prayer, prayer, An ANSWER!! -- "write a letter", obedience, waiting, an ANSWER!! -- "Yes, come to Mercy! We need you!", prayer, prayer, prayer... and then the blessing of my parents. Praise God!!!

Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in Thy faithfulness answer me, and in Thy righteousness. I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Thy works; I muse on the work of Thy hands. I stretch forth my hands unto Thee: my soul thirsteth after Thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.

Hear me speedily, O LORD: my spirit faileth: hide not Thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee.
Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O LORD, for Thy Name's sake: for Thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
~ Psalms 143:1, 5-8, 10-11 ~

And this is only the beginning....

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Sarah how exciting!
    I will defiantly be praying for you!

    This past month has been pretty exciting!
    2 weeks ago Sam asked Bekah Cox to marry him!
    And she said YES!!! They are thinking about getting married late Sept.
    We are all so excited! It is going to be a fun summer!

    Have a good day!
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!! Wow!! I'm SO excited for Sam & Bekah!! Do you have any engagement pictures you could email me?? I'd love to know all the details!! :)
      I am SO excited for them!!!
      Hugs to you all!! I miss you guys!

      Delete
  2. Sarah! How comforting, reassuring, good, joyful..to know and feel the Lord's direction. Especially in the way you are leaning towards. Happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I completely agree. God is SO good!!! And...I'm happy for me too. ;p

      Delete
  3. Hey Friend!
    I am still reading up on your blog when I get the chance and I want you to know that my heart is rejoicing with you as the Lord is opening the doors for you to go back! I want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers! I'm so excited for you!! I know the feeling of waiting and I'm so glad He's made it clear to you what He wants!! Love and hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley!!
      I praise God for what He is doing in your life too!! It is so good to be a part of this special body of Christ!! One who wants to wait on His calling, and is willing to rest in His perfect timing.....
      God bless you as you continue to serve Him!!!
      Love & Hugs back!!! xoxo <3

      Delete
  4. How exciting, Sarah! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and I look forward to reading your blog about your time there!

    To God be the Glory! {Great things hath HE done} =)

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...