Background

Monday, June 11, 2012

Hope Officialized

Five years ago, I added "Hope" as my second middle name, after God powerfully used that simple four letter word in my life, to drastically turn it towards Him. Though I used it for everything, I wanted it legally acknowledged too. I figured I could just do it when my passport expired (which happened this year), and so I did, getting it officialized today at the court house.

However, in reflection, I would highly recommend (at least to all of you unmarried women), to do all name changes at the time that you change your maiden name to your wedded name, because there are a lot of hidden fees that you don't know about until you've already started the process:
An approximate initial total of $210, including the $88 Court Fee$116.65 Newspaper Publication Fee, and $1.50 ea. Certified Copies Fee (at least 3 needed). Then of course, it costs money (and/or time) to change your identification documents: Driver's License, Passport, SSN, Bank Account, etc.

So, just my two little cents of warning and advice... :) For the record though, my official name is now Sarah Kathryn Hope Pinkerton...meaning "God's Pure Princess Full of Hope". :)

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God: for I shall praise Him for the help of His countenance.
~ Psalms 42:11 and 43:5 ~

4 comments:

  1. God's Pure Princess Full of Hope. . . what a beautiful name! Mine is Pure Oath of God. I didn't know Purity was in my name until I was about 13 years old, when I really desired to keep my life and self pure for my King. Then when I found out, I was really excited that that was part of who I was!

    Katelyn Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so special to find out our identities in Christ?? Praise God for His everlasting love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that word.:) In Spanish it's such a pretty name, Esperanza.;) So you're now Sarah Kathryn Esperanza Pinkerton?;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I love Esperanza too.... So, yes, you are correct, that is my name... Though, you could then say that it really is Sara Catalina Esperanza Pinkerton. ;p

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...