Background

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Skills Camp-Day 1


We had a wonderful Mother's Day...before I left to go to my week long EMT Skills Camp, located at Camp Mivoden on Hayden Lake. After an hour long drive on a very windy road (fun!), I arrived at 1645, got settled in, and Introductions & Orientation started at 5pm.

There are 17 of us...11 guys, 6 girls, 13 EMT-Basics, and 4 EMT-Intermediates, most all are ranging on their 20-30's and are single. The food is great, beds are excellent (in my opinion), bugs are few (just carpenter ants), and weather is perfect....pretty hot, actually.

There is another Sarah here--just about my age and my size from CA. We all live in a dorm type situation, but were lucky enough to each get a whole room to ourselves (with 4 bunk beds in it). She lives right across the hall.

Dinner was served at 1730 (scrumptious!)

Our first Session started at 1815 regarding NREMT Registration and Exam Overview.
We started the session with a short video clip...that I thought you'd enjoy as well. :)

When I purchased the course originally, I knew that it was one of the best courses on the market--especially for an online-based course. However, I didn't know HOW much was really included in the price...these guys bent their backs over for us!! They made every penny worth it, and I can't recommend it enough. Their committal to seeing us through getting our certifications is outstanding, and they even cover our first $70 entrance fee for the NREMT Written Test. On top of that, they made it possible for us to test out for our NREMT Skills Test on Friday Morning.

From the start, I personally think we have one of the best Fire Departments....especially after hearing the other EMT's situations....Praise God for North Idaho!!

Praying that I will be able to be a light and witness for Jesus here.....I love these opportunities to hopefully be an example of what Christ can do....with humility, joy, and acceptance. I'm going to enjoy this week immensely!! The Instructors are awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...