Background

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Babysitting Fun!!

I like to be a fun babysitter....but, if you asked my siblings, I haven't been a very fun babysitter for the last couple years, due to school and projects....This time, however, I decided to change that... Putting aside my long To-Do List and study schedule, I decided we needed to have some fun...
Sunday to Wednesday, my parents were on a business trip, and I was mommy for the time being (along with my trusty 'conscPublish Postience'-Rachel....since my 'fun' sometimes needs some balance ;p)

On Sunday, I took my 7 siblings to church (kinda sounds weird-me writing that) and then we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening at some dear friends' house--eating, walking a couple miles, playing with the horses and ropes, trampolining, talking, choring, and...playing in the mud. :)
Samuel--Roping the Dummy
On Monday, I took the kids to their Co-op type School-Classical Conversations, and then we had a fun evening - watching the Financial Freedom Seminar (high school requirement) and Facing the Giants.

On Tuesday, the kids studiously worked on & finished their Writing project, so that we could go hiking on Wednesday. After a long, hard day of working, we ate spent the evening with our ranch hand's family--eating Cinnamon Rolls, Milkshakes, and Popcorn & watching Young Mr. Lincoln, before Rachel and I headed off to the Cinema to watch Kirk Cameron's documentary-Monumental. (Inspirational!!)

On Wednesday, the kids finished their studies early, so we could all go hiking by our house before preparing for Bible Study....we had SO much fun!!!! It had just rained, and so there were a few swampy areas...talk about fun!!! I brought along some snacks (just raisins, starbursts, and Organic Ginger Ale...so as not to ruin their appetites for dinner! ;p)
Josiah, David, Rachel, Rebekah, James, Sarah, Esther, Samuel, and Samson
Sammy Pine Seed???
Brotherly Love
I love preparing for Bible Study...we usually have around 40+ people, and right now are going through the Sermon on the Mount.....how training horses correlates to our Christian walk with God, and God's relationship with us...

Wednesday night, my dad got home, and what a joyous reunion it was!!! Mama went on to Chicago--to see Daniel, and then went to Springfield for a Women's Retreat with Anne Hogan. She'll get back Sunday, so I get to be 'mommy' for a little while longer...which I love.

Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example fo the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
~ 1 Timothy 4:12 ~

7 comments:

  1. Bless the Pinkerton quiver. Psalm 127
    lg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on taking care of the children, Sarah! Looks like a lot of fun! Looks like your mother and I may have been in Chicago at the same time ... I just got home this evening...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Really?? What were you doing in Chicago? Was it just you or all of the family?? I'd love an updated picture of ya'll!!
      Hugs to everyone.

      Delete
  3. Be careful what you ask for... hehehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I knew what I was asking for...and I loved every picture you sent me!! ;p Thanks for taking the time!!! Your little darlings are adorable!!!
      Hugs.

      Delete
  4. You have got a wonderful blog here Sarah!

    Blessings,
    Leah Nicolette = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah! We serve an Awesome God, don't we?
      Looks like you're on the right track! Keep serving Jesus!!!
      Many Blessings,
      Sarah

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...