Background

Monday, March 19, 2012

Studying at Jordan's

First of all, this marks my 3rd week exactly since my Multiple Oral/Naso surgeries....Praise God for allowing my recovery to go well!!! I got my stint out last week (so I can talk straight ;p), and now just have elastic ligatures to continue movement, with the hopes of being finished with braces in 4-8 months!!!

Sometimes I have the chance to study my EMT Course (or Midwifery) at Jordan's house...the girl I went with to the Philippines, remember?? Today was such a day, as the kids were all at their Classical Conversations (like a co-op), and I was supposed to bring them home, so my parents could have a date night... (Well, that didn't happen, since Rebekah came down with the Stomach Flu mid-morning).
Anyway, I got a LOT of studying in, as well as some fellowship, ;p and finished up my Chapter on Cardiological Emergencies...deep stuff!!
Then Jordan and I went out to feed her brand new Nubian kids....
Boy, did that tear my heart!!! I want my Nubians back!!!!
I SO love their long, floppy ears....and their sweet, rich milk... All in God's good time... :) He had me sell them for a purpose, and there is a time for every season...including one for buying goats...and horses...
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
~ Philippians 4:11 ~
One of my favorite verses that correlates with goats is:
The lamvs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field. And thou shalt have goats' milk enough for thy food, for the food of thy household, and for the maintenance for thy maidens.
~ Proverbs 27:26-27 ~
(Kinda looks like milk is REALLY good for girls!! ;p)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...