Background

Saturday, March 24, 2012

OctoberBaby

Saturday, a bunch of girls from our church and I went to the Cinema to watch newly released OctoberBaby--an inspirational film on a college-age, homeschooled, abortion survivor-Hannah, who after struggling for years with epilepsy, asthma, and inward depression, finds out about her birth and adoption, and decides to find her birth mother with her best friend Jason, though her father disapproved.
What I found striking about this film, is the tact they used in talking about the abortion-though they described it in gentle depth, and how they didn't compromise on standards in making the film, or for the actors...Though Hannah and Jason were in many awkward situations, they kept their purity; though Hannah and her dad didn't have a very close relationship to start with, she honored her dad (after a short struggle) and then it became strong in the end; when her dad told Jason not to communicate with Hannah, he honored that deeply; Hannah's mom honored her husband as well, even though she didn't agree with the way he was handling everything.

Some of the reviews said: "The movie sends strong messages about the beauty of life, the importance of each life--but it's not preachy." World Magazine observed that the film is "polished" and "a more-than-worthy viewing experience" (of which I would agree). The highlight of the film was portraying "how liberating and joyous forgiveness is--both giving it and receiving it--without putting implausible, sermonizing dialogue into their character's mouths".
Afterwards, we all went to Texas Roadhouse...one of my favorite restaurants (I think that would be unanimous. ;p).
I LOVE Chili!!! (with onions of course) :)
For Thou hast possessed my reins: Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are Thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
~ Psalms 139:13-14 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...