Background

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 73: Swing Swift/Jennings Visit

This afternoon, I went with Sylvette to the Jennings home (the family who started Nehemiah Teams) to drop off some camping dish supplies and books we borrowed for the Nehemiah Team outreach we went on. It was neat meeting Mrs. (Wendy) Jennings, after spending some time with her daughter and the American outreach teams they put together..

After we got back, I had swing shift. I had a baby check and got to do my first Newborn Screening. I was really nervous, as you can't make ANY mistakes, otherwise you have to use a new form, which is really expensive (550 PHP or $12.00).

Had to share a funny story that happened:
Lyric (one of the guards) came in needing to ask Vania a question, and since she was involved in a suturing job, I relayed the message. I thought he said he wanted to know if he could go buy a chicken for "all of us", but when I relayed the message, Vania asked confusedly "Dead or alive? What??" (Sometimes, the guards buy dinner for the Filipina midwives, but as it was 4:23pm, it was too early for that.)
So.....upon clarifying the question with Lyric, I found that he was wanting to buy OXYGEN!! lol That was pretty funny. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...