Background

Friday, February 14, 2014

Single's Awareness Day

I love Valentines....since I was a little girl, my daddy has always had this quartet come to our house and office and sing "squishy heart songs" to us....like "I Love You Truly", and so many more...that even as a little girl makes you squirm in your seat.. :)
This year, I got to hear them at the office, and it warmed my heart...it's funny how you build a precious relationship with a group of older men, just by seeing them once a year since you're 5 years old....imagine what it must be like for them?? We were just little tykes then!
It's funny--being single this year....so many of my friends and family have gotten married in the last couple years and now have kids of their own--those my age...and I suppose I expected that at 22 maybe, but 20? Hmm...nope!
You know, in some ways, helping them keep house makes me a tad jealous, but in most ways, I'm just so happy and content being single...not that I don't long for that day that I can make my own home my own, and be a helpmeet to one person (instead of a houseful... ;P jk), but these days could be few or plenty, and especially as we truly don't know our day or reckoning, I'm trying to make each day count for eternity...as a single woman, wholly devoted to the Lord...no, I'm far from perfect, but that is my aim.
I received this article today through my NGJ subscription, and was mightily blessed by Mr. Pearl's words so true.... I just want to keep saying "Amen!!" at the end of each paragraph--so instead of writing it all out here, I'll let his words speak for himself...
 
Truly, this is a special and unique time--young, innocent womanhood. Ladies, treasure this time, and don't get caught up in "Where is he?" that you forget to make each moment count!!
Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands."
~ Proverbs 14:1 ~
 
Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised."
~ Proverbs 31:30 ~

1 comment:

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...