Background

Friday, February 28, 2014

EU: Beloved Scotland

Our flight to Amsterdam was uneventful, though we were spread by ones (except the little ones) throughout the plane, thanks to Delta.. ;P (Practicing my gratefulness already! =D) Our flight was less than 10 hours, which isn't bad at all.
Delta has this new Safety video, all on the '80s.... If you can find it, watch it! It is hilarious...
I sat in between a young lady from Munich, Germany who was returning from vacationing in Hawai'i, and a gentleman originally from Jordan, and returning to visit his ill mother. Though we exchanged pleasantries, it was a little difficult to carry on a full-length conversation because of accents and limited English... 
 A photo of our travels from Portland to Amsterdam--notice we flew over Greenland!!! Oh yeah, baby!
Mostly, I spent my time thinking, journaling, reading, praying, and listening to music... My cousin introduced Mama and I to the book 'Equipped To Love' by Norm Wakefield last year (about building idolatry-free relationships, including parents, friends, and God) and with my crazy Autumn, I only finished the first chapter, despite my carrying it with me wherever I go...thus, I brought it with me, and already have been so encouraged by the truths spoken in it. 

I look forward to sharing highlights when I have time...but not today. :)
Eating LUNCH in Holland!!
So....we arrived in Amsterdam (woohoo!! As Mama is Dutch), and ended up spending over 6 hours there because we ended up missing our connecting flight to Edinburgh.....which messed up our afternoon's plans of the boy's golfing St. Andrews, and the girls' horseback riding....but we were able to get some much needed nourishment and rest on benches instead!!
Just to make sure I remember....
Papa also checked on our return flights from Europe, as there was concern that they might have been canceled too, and sure enough, they had been!! This time however, they were able to get all of us kids on, but not sure for Mama and Papa...  However, I think it will work out just fine...still, talk about crazy communication!!

I love having a 2-time watch, so I can compare what all my friends and family are doing at home at such a time. We are 8 hours ahead of PST, so think if it's 7am PST, it's 3pm here--same day.
Saw this in the Edinburgh airport...
Quick prayer request....my forearm was doing pretty good this last week, but I think I strained it during travel, and with missing my chiro/therapy appointments for a few weeks + not having it taped, I would appreciate prayer that it wouldn't regress too much. I still don't have good finger coordination and can't lift much weight for even short periods, but I'm really trying not to push the limits...it's just hard not to.

We are spending 2 nights here in Kilconquhar Castle (pro. "Kin-i-CUR", who knew, right?!), before flying to London for 2 days there.
Bad light = bad photo, but at least we have it!
We didn't know we would need reservations, so the boys and Kiekah
camped out in the room eating their fish and chips.
Looking ahead, tomorrow is Esther's 13th birthday, and we are planning to visit a few castles (including Glamis Castle and Dundee Castle) and see lots of countryside...after Papa and the boys play a few holes at St. Andrews at 7am. =D
We all kind of feel this way about Scotland...I love this land!
God is so good and so gracious, and I am loving Scotland. It is late, so I will write more on that score tomorrow, Lord-willing.

"Blessed be the LORD, because He hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him."
~ Psalms 28:6-7 ~

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I always enjoy reading about other "big" families adventures, especially those unexpected ones in which even more memories are made! Happy 13th Birthday to Esther!! What better place to celebrate in?! :)
    Loving your promptness in keeping all of us up to date! Have a great time visiting the castles! Blessings to you all! I'll be praying for your arm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elsie! Today will be a good day... :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! That flight video is where it's at! Two thumbs up for the dancing weirdo who took on the responsibility of emergency exit:)

    Plane trips are great for reading, thinking and praying. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed....and the belly flopper leaving was equally so...but then, so were the big hair girls trading seats.. :)

      Thank you, and same here.

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...