Background

Monday, February 24, 2014

Off to Europe....

So...since I was a little girl, my parents have wanted to take the entire family to Europe when Daniel turned 18. That was 5 years ago, and with the recession and life's happenings, it just didn't happen...

They have good reasons for wanting to go too....for my dad's entire family traveled Europe for 6 months when he was 7, and my mom backpacked around Europe with her Best Friend in her 20's for a few months.....lots of good memories.

Well, last year  we found out that this year's big business trip for my dad was going international!! To the country of Monaco!!! Usually they've been in Hawai'i, Mexico, or Puerto Rico, and with a few adjustments, he was often able to bring all of us...
Monaco
So, after much discussion, we decided to make it a family affair, and go early to do a History Tour....for we are very European...English, Irish, Dutch (and Indian) on Mama's side, and Scottish, German, French, and English on Papa's side.

We leave this Thursday, and get back in 2.5 weeks, and are looking forward to visiting places like the Pinkerton Barony in Scotland, the Putney Commons (in England), as well as spend a day in Paris, before visiting Munich, Germany, Venice, and Zermatt, Switzerland.

It will be a crazy, memorable time, to be sure...full of LOTS of traveling...but we are looking forward to seeing castles, the boys' golfing on St. Andrews (of course....), and skiing the Matterhorn, as well as so much more.

I'm hoping to be able to spend a little bit of time blogging while there, but we shall see... In the end we shall spend under a week in Monaco....so hopefully I shall have some time to compile posts there...if we're not trying to walk around the city 7 times.... ;P hehe

God is so gracious!!!  I am so excited to spend this time with my family, for what will be one of our last family trips together, as Daniel heads off to Full-Time D.O. school this Autumn....
I love Isaiah 42, and would encourage you to read the entire passage!! (Especially the first part!!)
 
"Thus saith God the LORD, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
I am the LORD: that is My name: and My glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images........"
~ Isaiah 42:5-8 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...