Background

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holiday Week

The week between Christmas and New Years, we did a lot of fun cooking, ate a LOT of leftovers, the boys put together yet another motor bike, and we went out as an entire 'family', for one of the last family outings before I left, (with Yen-Yen there too) to dinner at a really nice restaurant...
The 2nd batch of Christmas Wreath Cookies 
For Christmas, I made some of my favorite cookies, including Christmas Wreath Cookies. The first batch I made (shown in a previous post), turned out superb--comparatively to my Gramma's!! Unfortunately, they don't carry Red Hots in Asia, and so I tried Raspberry candy instead..an utter failure!
This time, I decided to try red food coloring instead....BAD idea!! It made it look like drops of blood... =P One good way to sanctify your food, so no one wants it!! Unfortunately, the green wasn't enough either (I guess I didn't have enough marshmallows that time), and so though they were yummy, they definitely were a flop as Christmas Wreath Cookies are concerned!! =D
The boys sanding out the rust on these Motorcycle parts..
The boys decided to have some fun, and spray painted their names on the washer and dryer machine.. That turned into coating the whole thing with Bright Neon Yellow Green!! (Until the bottle went dry). ;p
Dinner at the Asian Place
My precious Filipino family and I. Praise God for them!!
The Basket-style lanterns hanging from the ceiling.
An intricate weaving...quite intriguing!
One of our motorcycles went flat, and so we had to find some place to fix the tubing...a little difficult at past 8 at night!!
Their apparatus for filling the hole...pretty creative!!
This truck tickled me a little bit, because it is SO little!! Ezra stood in front of it to give some  comparison (He's about 5'8")
Always jolly, and having fun.....Love these people!!

Standing behind the "P" for "Pinkerton" of Happy New Years with Yen-Yen. :)
A beautiful panoramic of the City Hall's decorations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...