Background

Sunday, December 23, 2012

2nd Semana sa Marbel

The Serisolas have a daily visitor, which doesn't seem to bother us inside the house, or the dogs, for that matter..however, they are still a bit pesky: Rats.
There is a collection of about 4 of them, living under a huge crate, and they come out in broad daylight to scrounge.I've tried before to get a picture of them, however, by the time I would go back inside to grab my camera, they got startled and hid. (Although, they would come out if we were just sitting out on the porch.)
We finally got one, and humanely disposed of it.. ;P

I had fun doing my hair like this a lot...my hair got a lot lighter while I was here....lots of natural blond and red highlights! (Probably from being in the hot sun so much.)
 I found this little guy in the sink when I went to wash breakfast dishes. (You see him?? He almost blends in--on the left-hand side.)
 One day, Nanay was preparing lunch, and we were all congregating on the porch, and poor Totoy 2 must have felt overwhelmed..so he retreated to the corner (under the cooking fire)
At Nanay's house...same lunch time. :)
Saturday, we butchered another baboy for the Church's Christmas/Thankgiving Celebration on Sunday:
SO cute...all the little boys discussing the matter with great interest!!
Tying it up
Washing it...
More Washing
Love this mommy chicken!!
Boiling the hair off...
This picture is just plain awesome!! I love the dissection of it (clean cut too!!)
Love these little boys just talking around..
Stripping the Intestines from the muscle and fat
This pig was smiling!! It new it had lived a happy life (of 9 months), and was fulfilling it's life purpose.
However, to keep the flies/rain off, we covered it...and boy is it cute!!!
Lola and I
Sunday, all of the little kids from our church sang the Christmas songs they had learned, and our choir sang 2 songs--Holy is He and I Then Shall Live. I was also asked to sing a special solo, for both services, and I chose "Great is His Faithfulness", encouraging the congregation to join in on the last verse--that was pretty special!!!
A few of us from the choir together.
After church, we had the huge feast and celebration (with ice cream of course!!) and spent all afternoon and evening there... What a wonderful time of fellowship!!!
A few of my 'extended family' :)
Praise the Lord...He is worthy to be praised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...