Background

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sandpoint Surprise

Okay, so I'm cheating....I'm writing this on 11/5/11, when I'm dating it September...but what do I care?!?It's been too long since I've posted....I know....and yes, I have meant to, but life has been busy. (Jolly good!!)
I had the whole loft (1 queen size and 2 singles to myself....that was pretty fun....Loved the quilt and style...)
Anyhow, these last few months have been amazing and wonderful, and God is doing so much in my life, through me, and in those around me.

First of all, I had a wonderful weekend with my parents at the end of September, at the Western Pleasure Guest Ranch, up in Sandpoint, Idaho.  Funny thing was, I ended up driving them there that night, when I had NO clue where I was going!!!
For not knowing where I was going, Mom and I packed pretty good!
That weekend, we went before God, asking Him what He wanted my focus to be for this next period of time. And, guess what?! He started giving us answers!!

As a preface, my dad has expressed his wishes for all of us (including us girls) to get a college degree, so that in case the world turns, and women have to have a degree to educate their children at home, we might be already prepared for that. Up to that point, I have been planning to get an AA (Associates in Art) in Liberal Arts (which was the most basic and broad-viewed degree), and already had almost 30 credits (out of a total of 60 needed), by the time I graduated from high school, in 2011.
On the other hand, God confirmed this summer, that to serve Him in a greater capacity, I really need to get a broader education in all medical studies, specifically: midwifery, general care, emergency medicine/"dirt medicine" (when there is/isn't any normal supplies on hand), herbology/natural medicine, & veterinary medicine.

For the last few years, I have asked God if EMT Training is something that I should do, but at the time, I didn't see any trainings available in my area (yes, I'm spoiled... I like to be able to multi-task everything at the same time. ;p). Then, just a couple of weeks before our time in Sandpoint, a friend told me about an online EMT Program that has its training right here in Hayden!!

Upon praying about it, and bringing all matters into consideration, my parents and I decided that instead of finishing my AA, I am going to pursue finishing my Midwifery Certificate, and get an EMT Certificate as well.

Since then, God has brought different people into my life who have either gone through the course, or are medically-minded that I may be able to glean support/help from. The way my EMT Course works,  is that I can sign up for the course and start studying anytime for it, but the quizzes don't 'open' until December 1st.  The course ends in the middle of May, upon which, I will spend a week at Camp Mivoden on Hayden Lake receiving practical hands-on skills training for 5 days. Before I go to the training though, I need to complete 10 patient contacts, or basically "shadow" either with a ambulance agency or through the ER. (I would much prefer the ambulance if at all possible...as I've seen the workings of the ER before--though maybe not from THAT angle. lol ;D)

I most of the "domestic skills" down, but there is one area we realized that I could definitely improve on, and that is the homeschooling area... I have been greatly blessed with a little sister who is a gifted teacher, and so I have been able to get out of teaching and have done administerial work instead. Well...I'll be helping with that some this year as well!!
My 2nd and beloved mare...Raphya (means "healer") She was my dream, and was pregnant when she died....but God is gracious, and He is the best HEALER....
As for the weekend, the food was tremendous, and for the second time since my beloved mare-Raphya died in Spring 2010, I got to go riding!! And this time with my parents too!! It was a 'dude ride' (never thought I'd ever ride on one..I guess "pride goes before the fall"!! lol), and so we walked pretty much the whole time, which was NOTHING compared to what I'm used too (galloping--my favorite).
My allergies have gotten worse with horses since we sold all of ours, and so I suffered from asthma since then as well...but it was worth it!!! lol
Anyway, that's all for now folks!!! Praise, glory, laud, and honor be to Christ my Saviour!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, Sarah!! You look very smiley and excited- love it! :) Great to see your mom on a horse as well. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...