Background

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

School, Hunting and Seattle!

A few new updates.....
School started the Tuesday following Labor Day (that would be yesterday ;D), and what a refreshment it was to realize that I'm not included in that anymore, besides helping Mama sometimes with the little ones!!!!

The last 2 afternoons, our ranch hands and I have been busy with "Alpaca Days", where we deworm, ultrasound, draw blood, give shots, and various other tasks to our alpacas. So far, we have only had 4 hours to work with, and so have completed 14 of the 49 alpacas that need to be done. It's so much fun to ultrasound the girls, and find little crias wiggling around inside of them!!! Shots are also always a thrill.... Oh, the fun of ranch life!! It's so nice to be back in it....now if my sinuses will only adapt to it quickly!!  :)

I had my Orthodontist appointment today (for the first time in 3 months) and realized that as of September 10th, I will have had my braces on for 1 year!!! I graduated to the largest wire on my bottom teeth, and will do the same on my upper next time. They took x-rays and moldings, to get an "exact estimate" (if that's possible) of when I'll be able to have my jaw surgery done. It's looking like I'll be ready sometime in January...so, I'm pretty excited!!

This Friday, I'm going to be traveling with my Oma (Papa's mother) to Seattle to visit my Uncle Jim's family (Papa's older brother) and pick up my Grampaw who will be coming home next week from traveling Central America (El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize). This will make 96 countries that he has visited and explored. I will come home sometime late next week...probably Friday.

As I wrote in my last post, Papa and David are in the Oregon Mountains hunting on a 2,200 acre ranch. I just got word that today, they bagged a Watusi with a 30.06, and Papa also got a Desert Tan Dahl Sheep with his 7mm...I guess it had a beautifully formed 1 1/2 curl to it's horns....it's going to be SO much fun getting that delicious meat to eat, as well as seeing the heads up on our wall!!!
In the next 2 days, David will be hunting his main goal: the water buffalo which is one of the most dangerous animals to hunt and is approximately 40% larger than the Watusi....

That's all for now folks!!!

VERSE OF THE DAY:
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
~ 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...