Background

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 - 10 Years Ago

On 9/11 - 10 Years Ago, I was a mere 8 years old. We didn't watch TV and though we had a radio, we hardly ever used it. The thing I remember about that day was knowing my daddy was supposed to come home from Anchorage, Alaska that afternoon....the agony and suspense-wondering if he was going to die too....and then the relief upon hearing that his flight had been delayed a day or 2.

I remember for the next couple days our pretty strict bedtime gone, and just sitting around the table listening to the radio like they did in World War II, with our ears to the speaker....waiting....for what, we knew not.

At the time, New York seemed forever away, and in all actuality, I really only grasped the reality of what happened in the last few years. Everyone I knew closely made it....even the girl at our church who worked in one of the Centers but was absent from the building....

Now knowing what I know, my heart goes out and grieves with all those many families....what a joy it was for all of us kids to jump my dad when he came in the door....but what about all those kids who didn't and never will again??
This short but powerful video really impacted me with the reality of it all, and how God is still and always will be in control. I hope it impacts you as well. I can say no more.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah....a very powerful film/tribute from Steve Scheibner. Thank you so much for posting it. So appreciate following all your Davao journey. Steve's testimony, and yours, are great encouragement to pursue Christ and Him glorified in every moment of our lives. '

    love in Jesus,
    Dana, for the Drechsels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Drechsel!!
    Thank you for your encouragement. All praise and glory to God.
    Because of Him,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...