Background

Friday, September 9, 2011

Travel to Liberty, WA

INTRODUCTION: As I said in the last post, I am accompanying Oma to my Uncle Jim's home in Sammamish, Washington with an overnite stop at his Cabin in Liberty, where we'll be able to spend some time with him (he has some things to do up there), before he leaves on a trip on Sunday. Next Wednesday, we'll pick up Grampaw at SeaTac where he will be getting back from a Trip to South America-making 96 countries for this world-traveler!! We will then head back to the Ranch on Thursday or Friday, where I will be promptly swept off by my parents for a weekend at 'some place I've never been before', where will be seeking God's will on my life for the next year.
~~*~~
Got up at 6 am like usual for Family Devotions. After that, we had breakfast, I finished packing, and then caught up last minute with the kids...it's hard on a few of them especially to have Big Sister leave so soon after coming back...even though it is only for a week. 
James had begged me to go frogging with him (he is the world's best hand at it!!), and unfortunately, it got pushed to right before I had to leave (at 10am), and so we only had time to catch one, and I feel I rather more like "humored" him, than anything....but I promised I'd do a full-blown adventure with him when I get back..... oh that there were endless hours in a day!! I can't believe how fast my little siblings are growing up!!
Oma and I after we spent an afternoon at the hair salon last week.
Oma and I ran a few errands, picked up some food, filled up the gas tank, and then headed on our merry way for Liberty, Washington. On our way down, we (between conversations) listened to the 5 1/2 hour AudioBook "A Bride Goes West": a semi-auto-biography set in the 1880's about Nannie T. Alderson, a newlywed Virginian girl who married a Cowboy from Montana, and her life living in the "West of the West". Though I have listened to it before, it is always enthralling, and very well done. Even our boys really enjoyed it, and I would recommend it to anyone. Though is a 1-person narrative, afterwards, you think you heard more than one person, just because of the way it was written.
Miss the Alaskan Mountains!!
Right before we got to Cle Elum, we stopped at the amazing Thorp Fruit and Antique Mall, a place I am definitely going to visit before I get married....their 2-story Western Antique Mall is AMAZING!!! Good thing I don't have the assets for it right now (or the car space) ;), otherwise, I might have 'surprised' my mom with more "hopechest items".....(I'm already a joke with our ranch hands about "marrying Sarah off to get all her 'stuff' out of the house. lol ;D)
These Doughnut Peaches (that is their actual name) are sooo cute!! The peach on the left is of the top and on the far right is the bottom, so they almost literally go all the way through in the middle!!
I definitely got more wedding ideas...though of course, they're only ideas, and will have to pass my fiance's approval before they would be put in place. lol (no one on the horizon at this point)

Afterwards, I drove Oma a good long stretch. It was a bunch of fun, because we were so busy chatting, that we missed our turn off to the mountains, and had to circle around and find it, but since we had plenty of time, since my Uncle wasn't going to get to the Cabin until at least 6pm, we didn't worry about it. We had a blast once we got in the mountains, because besides driving a 'blink' through the Town of Liberty, the directions we had didn't have 'miles' on it once we got up into the mountains, and so we drove around a bit, trying to remember what the turnoff looked like. Finally we found it, and arrived at the Cabin at 4:50pm. What fun!!!!
THE TOWN OF 'LIBERTY'
There are quite a few amazing rock formations above Liberty...just amazing!!
Uncle Jim and Aunt Maria did an amazing job with their cabin, which I haven't been to since we had our Family Reunion/Cabin Raising Party there 8 years ago...lots of changes!!
This would be a gorgeous Honeymoon Spot.
My Oma...looking mighty comfortable!!
This outhouse is a favorite....you can only guess what I kept singing during my stay here!! lol
A closer look...grabeeah work Aunt Maria!!

After sitting on the front doorstep for a few hours--chatting, reading, etc. we went in and had dinner, as Uncle Jim had been delayed and didn't get in until 8:30pm.
Just a humble meal of scrumptious Chili with our favorite--Pepper Jack Cheese!!
 During our first day together, Oma and I found that we have even more in common than we knew!! We both share an insatiable love for cherries (anything), pepper jack cheese, and SO very kaayo much more.

After Uncle Jim got home, we had a good time all of us catching up, and though I retired a little earlier, Oma and Uncle kept on until 1:30am!! I'm so happy for them.
My uncle Jim (my daddy's 'double')...it's hard to keep my mischievous streak away sometimes living sometimes with someone so much like my daddy...but not used to doing pranks, they usually just stay in my mind....
For, lo, He that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, the LORD, The God of Hosts is His name.
~ Amos 4:13 ~

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
~ Isaiah 55:12 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...