Background

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Miracle of Snow!!!!!!

As I write this, I am proudly wearing my snowflake turtleneck,  and am hoping to maybe get a complete season of skiing in this year (without any more of my "annual" casualties :D).
Today was the official "first day" of snow on Rockford Bay Ranch....yes, it only snowed for a little bit, and maybe you could hardly "call it snow", but it really did!!!!! Some people were praying for it to stop...and well, I, um... ;p *clears throat*
Though I have been laughed at a lot since my return to the Homeland, for my unprecedented sensitivity to cold, I still am an Alaskan.....and.....Idahoan through and through and snow still retains its miraculousness to me. It fascinates me.

Every year, one of the ways God shows His handiwork is through snow.  Without snow, which is the main source of spring water, we would not have enough water to last us through the hot summers.
God is the Giver of snow and has the only power over all the elements: In Job 37:6, He said: "For He saith to the snow, Fall thou on the earth".


Snow is the symbol of purity and cleanness, giving us some of our most beautiful passages of Scripture: "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow" (Psalms 51:7); "...though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18). Carrying the figure farther, snow-water might be expected to have a special value for cleansing: "If I wash myself with snow-water..." (Job 9:30). The most common use in Scripture is to denote whiteness in color and implies purity as well: "His raiment was white as snow" (Daniel 7:9; Matthew 28:3; Mark 9:3; Revelations 1:14).
Also, the whiteness of leprosy is compared to snow (Exodus 4:6; Numbers 12:10; 2 Kings 5:27).

"He giveth snow like wool: He scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes. He casteth forth His ice like morsels: who can stand before His cold? He sendeth out His Word, and melteth them: He causeth His wind to blow, and the waters flow."
~ Psalms 147:16-18 ~
Praise God today for what he is doing in your life....all to often, we complain or only pray when trials and tribulations come. See if you can only praise Him for a whole day straight...don't ask Him for anything......commune with Him, and talk to Him about the 'trivial' things...He really DOES care!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...