Background

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome! For approximately the next 8 months, I will be using this blog to update you on what it is taking to go to the Philippines, & what I am doing while there.

This is a dream come true to be able to go intern at the Mercy Maternity Clinic in Davao, Philippines...ever since my good friend Jordan Ruseler & I found it when we were 13 & 11, respectively. Now, we are both going over there with a group of 5 like-minded student-midwives from down South & their midwife/teacher Terry Rogers for 3 months!!

Mercy Maternity Clinic (MMC) serves almost 20,000 patients (prenatal exams), & delivers approximately 1,500 babies annually. Their target group is comprised mainly of families living in severe poverty conditions, who cannot afford quality health care.

Our plane leaves on May 25th, 2011 from Seattle, & we will start returning on August 30th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...