Background

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Name Change-Postponed

Well, as some of you know, my biggest 'apprehension' about being in the Philippines over my 18th birthday, was trying to get my whole passport/driver's license/name change thing figured out....

1) From what I researched a year ago (I can't find the sources now), because I got my Passport before I turned 16, I'd need to get it renewed by my 18th birthday.
    Thankfully, I was misinformed. We called up our County Clerk today, & she informed us that my passport expires whenever it says on the data page, NOT when I turn 18...so, I have another year & a half.

2) My driver's license expires 6 days after my birthday (7/1/1993). My unknown there, was if they'd let me back into the US with it being expired (& I being 18), even though I had a passport.
    I called our State DMV, & the gal that answered said that since I had my passport, I'd be fine. I just wouldn't be able to drive back in the States until I got it renewed.
**Don't ever tell me that DMV people aren't nice!!! I've never (up-to-date...NOT saying it won't happen) had a problem with them.... :D


3) When I was around 14, I added Hope onto my name, & have been using it in my signatures ever since. My plan has been to change/add it legally around the time my passport expired/I turned 18.
    So, I'm going to wait until next winter to start the legal proceedings of changing my name.....that takes a load off my plate for now!!


This probably doesn't seem very significant to you....but when you've been mulling it all around for the last 3+ years, wondering how it's going to work out, & hoping it'll be okay, etc. etc. It's a big deal!!! LOL

PS. I have my parent's FULL blessing on adding Hope to my name. They are very supportive, Praise the Lord!! :D

2 comments:

  1. How very exciting, Sarah! I remember you telling me about changing your name at Sacramento 2 years ago.:) The Lord is really helping things to go smoothly and it is exciting to see how He is answering your prayers.:)

    Keep us updated!:) Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I received an e-mail from you and it had your blog address on it! I'm so happy that the Lord has given you and Jordan a chance to go to Davao! He certainly works things out! I am really looking forward to reading your blog while you are gone! I'll be praying for you both!
    Lauren W.

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...