Background

Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Spider

So, I'm cleaning our bathroom late this Fall,
When I decide to look up -- up, up on the wall.
And when I look up, what then do I see?
A spider - still little, but looking at me!

I keep it in watch as I dust down the walls,
And horrors! All of a sudden it falls!
I step back a pace with my duster in tow,
And that spider, it follows me where e'er I go!

I swing this way and that, trying to evade its dark grasp,
But it just keeps a-comin' - I let out a gasp.
I pray "Lord, please help me!" and then I look up,
And that's when I realize he's attached to the top!

It's the top of my duster - what makes him to fly,
So I lower him down to the flusher - bye-bye!
Now spiders don't usually frighten me so,
But a spider's a spider, no matter how small!

(Yes, this really happened today...and surprisingly yes, I did write it... =P)


There be four things which are little upon the earth, but they are exceeding wise: {the ants....the conies....the locusts...} The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.
~ Proverbs 30:24, 28 ~
Reminds me of my Filipino spider experience last Christmas.. (and yes, that smile was pasted..)

1 comment:

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...