Background

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 4: Visit to Agdao Market

Well, all of us girls (Stephanie, Chantal, Terry, Lydia & Annie, Jordan, & me) went to Agdao Market to check out Produce prices, & get a feel for what it's like there, so that we can go back tomorrow, after we get our weekly Ration's Money from MMC.

Our transportation (regal indeed :D) was the Pedi-Cad

Lydia & Annie with their driver

Stephanie, Chantal, & Terry with their driver

Jordan & my driver

When we were almost to the Market, (stopped at one of the few stoplights), a little boy (in red) walked in front of our cad, & accosted me with a big smile on his face, & his pointer finger up (like a number 1).
At first, I thought he was begging for money, but the driver right next to us (Barnett's driver) said 'Camera' (I had been taking pictures of the other girls' cads). So then, I thought he was asking to take a picture of us (but who would give a Filipino kid your camera???). He made some hand motions, & I finally figured out that he wanted me to take a picture of him!!!!

Just then another little boy ran out & joined in for the picture. Of course, I had no problem taking the picture of them (below), before they ran happily off. One of the other girls told me later, that once she realized they wanted their picture taken, she wondered what would happen later...would they want me to pay them for taking their picture?!?! :D

Pictures of Market:
There was this one woman (below) who kept begging for money, it was quite an interesting experience.
We hailed down a Tricei-Cad on our way back, and low & behold, another Trici-Cad driver came up, & started arguing with the other driver, trying to convince us to come with him too!!!
We asked the driver if he thought we'd all (7 of us) fit in his Trici-Cad, & he said we would, so we tried: 3 in the front (4 total) & 4 in the back (I sat on Stephanie & Lydia's laps, & I think they did some of that in the back too. :D).

Here we are, turning onto our street, facing oncoming traffic for 50 feet!!!
All safe & sound back at our place.
Here's a gecko we found on our wall inside this morning, & a toad I found outside last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...