Background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 4: 1st Night Shift

Well, if you have read Jordan's last post, you already know that her Swing Shift was "dead" for the first 4 hours, & then boom, they had 3 gals come in, who had 3 babies (2 boys, 1 girl), one of which delivered within 5 minutes of arriving!!! Talk about exciting!!!

Lydia, Kamerie, Stephanie, & I went on Night Shift at 10 pm, after all the excitement had calmed down. There wasn't really anything to do then, & so we eventually all sprawled out on the couches & went to sleep.
Here are 2 pictures I took when I woke up around 4 am, of the Filipino midwives (Lornie & Lydia) & we interns sleeping. :D

Counter-Clockwise: Stephanie, Lydia, & Kamerie

Counter-Clockwise: Kamerie, Lornie, Lydia, & Stephanie

We finally, 45 minutes before our shift ended had something to do, as we needed to check vitals on moms & babies. I was asked to take b/p, respirations, pulses, temps, etc., which was a lot of fun. It's been quite a while since I've needed to any of that, so I was a little slow, & needed some direction/reminders, but isn't that what I'm here for? To learn???

We girls are planning on going shopping this morning for some necessities & food supplies...

I am on for Night Shift tonight as well.

2 comments:

  1. Were u all able to sleep on those mats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!
    Yes, we were able to sleep. They were actually quite comfortable.... (though I can sleep anywhere.)

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...