Background

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Belize: Day 1

This morning started out with arriving at the church at 2:35am, in order to get all the luggage and people loaded to arrive at the Airport by 3:45am.
Mary, Alyssa, Me and Rachel
Little Naomi--Rob and Molly's youngest
Waiting...
Our flight to Denver was supposed to leave at 6am, but due to dense fog, we ended up leaving around 6:37am. I was very surprised by the seats we got - a 737, with Luxury Economy seats! There was twice as much leg room and a charger plug! I felt like we had First Class seats! However, I'm not used to having as much leg room...it's kinda weird! Rachel and I sat with Joseph and Nina both flights, which was fun...
View of the Rocky? Mountains
We arrived in Denver with just enough time to shimmy over a few gates to our connecting flight to Houston, where we waited for over a 1/2 hour before boarding the plane... Due to whatever circumstances, we ended up not leaving for another 1.5 hours or so, and finally arrived in Houston, TX at 2:15pm.

After getting settled in our motel rooms (which took 3 shuttle trips), we were able to rent the Quality Suites' vans, to get us to dinner---the Cracker Barrel. What was supposed to take about 15 minutes, ended to up to be over 6 times that, as the directions we were given and the GPS we were following chose a much farther location...
Anyway, by the time we actually arrived at the Cracker Barrel (At 5:30 or so), we had even seen Austin, TX! What a memorable adventure! It sure was neat to see more of Texas, and what precious fellowship we shared in our van!
Rooming with Leslie, Mary Lynn, and the 2 Christinas
My little corner--reminiscent of my mission days...gotta love my mulang!! <3
Tomorrow, we head out early (6am) for our flight to Belize. I have no clue when I will have internet again (or cell service)....but at least I gave you a glimpse of our travels thus far! :)
Farewell, until we meet again--if not soon, at least by January 15th! :)

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
~ John 14:27 ~

2 comments:

  1. Loving the pictures! Naomi is such a cutie:) I'm going to miss not sitting next to them in church while you're all away. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she?! I can't get her smile from last Sunday out of my head..what darlings!!

      PS, for everyone else, I should also add that we would majorly appreciate prayer for the few persons who are not feeling well or are down sick.. It isn't really good, but prayer and naturopathic remedies help bunches!

      Delete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...