Background

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Flights Finalized

Well, I got my flights to the Philippines finalized today... I will be leaving sa US on September 10th, 2012 at 10:30am, using Asiana Airlines, ug will arrive sa Davao City on September 12th, 2012 at 6:20am, with layovers in Seattle; Seoul, South Korea; ug Manila, Philippines.

Here are my flight stats (For the Nerds ;p):
Flying there:
Air Time: 18 hr 23 min
Layovers: 9 hr & 57 min
Total: 28 hrs and 20 min


Coming Home:
Air Time: 16 hr 40 min
Layovers: 7 hr & 10 min
Total: 23 hrs and 50 min

As I said in my last post, I'm planning to serve at Mercy until the end of October, and then serve in the Butuan Bukid for the remaining time.

Some people have asked me what the weather/seasons are over there in the Philippines, and here is my answer:

Normal weather has 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall (Autumn), & Winter. However, in countries like the Philippines, there are only 2 recognized seasons:

  • Dry Season (tag-araw) - November to April
  • Rainy Season (tag-ulan) - May to October
There are also "unofficial seasons":
  • Winter/Cold Season (tag-lamig) - November to January
  • Summer Hot Season (tag-init) - March to May
  • Spring or when things grow (tag-sibol)
  • Autumn or when things die off (tag-lagas)
Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day His salvation. Declare His glory among the heathen; His marvellous works among the nations.
~ 1 Chronicles 16:23 & 24 ~

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you Sarah! I will be looking forward to seeing how the Lord uses you in the Philippines.

    In Christ, Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...