Background

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 6: Hawaii-Snorkeling!!

We agreed unanimously that today was the most fun of all of the days....snorkeling...

Got up at 6am, & arrived at the Snorkel place a little after 8am. Got all our gear fitted properly, & got in the mini-yacht--all 18 of us, plus 6 crew members. Every single one of us went snorkeling, some for shorter, but most of us for longer. Those of us that were nervous about it (not me), got over our fears, & had a lot of fun.

Our first stop, was one of the dolphin's favorite swimming spots. The water was a clear blue, & if you looked hard, you could see the ocean floor way below you. The dolphins were so much fun, they'd pop up all of a sudden---at least a few dozen of them, including moms & babies--& jump up & down...it was SO precious!!!

Our second stop was at a coral reef. There wasn't much activity in the water, but we did get to take turns holding a live Sea Urchin (after it gets settled on your hand, it'll start moving around...kinda tickles!!). I saw some eels (which I stayed away from), & Jeff (the owner) gave me some Sea Urchin skeletons he found at the bottom.

I actually remember thinking "maybe I should quit midwifery, & take up marine biology"!!! So I suppose that joins my 'dream list' that includes becoming a pilot, an EMS, a policeman, a soldier, etc. LOL (I know, you're probably thinking "Sarah!! You, a policeman????") Oh well, what can I say!!!

Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get my EMT & Pilot's license...you know that being a Pilot runs in my blood!!! My grampaw was a pilot in AK for ages, & my uncles got their licenses. My dad helped fly too....If only it wasn't for my ears...but who knows! LOL

Unfortunately, we didn't snap hardly any pictures, but I'll share a couple good ones. The Crew did take a video of the whole event, which we ordered...that has some fantastic footage....

1 comment:

  1. Snorkeling...what an adventure!!

    A pilot?? Yes, it does sound like fun! Who knows...maybe someday?!?!? I've got relatives (grandparents and great-grandparents) with aeronautical background, too!!

    Law enforcement as a dream!!??!! :) I do believe the action would be exciting...Sarah you are funny!!

    "Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice."
    Psalm 63:7

    Love you and God bless y'all!!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...