Background

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 1: Hawaii-Travel

I got 2 hours of sleep (woohoo!) last night, & then we got up at 2:30 am. That, is what I call the perfect setup. I do it every time we go to Hawaii, etc. That way, I sleep on the plane!!

Our plane left at 6:04 am. It was a mini 80 seater, that we had to load onto outside (not what I typically think of when we're flying to Seattle!!!) LOL

We then had an 1.5 hr. layover, with bagels/sandwiches serving as breakfast. After loading on the plane (a Boeing 737), they told us that there was a problem with some of the communication equipment (i.e. radios), & so there would be a delay. It turned out to be 1.5 hours. (though it seemed to whiz by), of which Daniel & I played Battleship (& I actually whipped him!!! Unheard of!!) :D

On a more personal note, thus far, my ears have been perfect. I used Affron (nasal spray) an hour before takeoff, & used some special ear seals that on a scale of 1-30 decibels, it cuts out 27 of them!! I got them specifically for swimming, but since they can be used for planes too, I thought I'd try them out!

On the flight to Seattle, I didn't feel any pressure change: none whatsoever. On the flight to Hawaii, I didn't really feel anything as well, though I did feel a difference when I thought I'd trying not having them in mid-flight. Once we landed in Kona, I had to be careful in taking them out, because they were sealed so good.

David took this video on his new hi-tech Canon Camera. It shows the last 3 minute descent into Kona: beautiful footage, & a glimpse into our flight. Unfortunately, he was situated behind the wing, so it cuts into it a little bit.
The Desert of Kona
Beautiful Shores!
Kona Out Door Airport!
Our Boeing 737 at Kona
Combined Pinkerton/Glendening Luggage (Daniel & Lindsey) 
Beautiful Japanese....um...Hawaiian Tree
Limo Ride! L-R: Luke, Rachel, Lindsey, Rebekah, Sarah, Josiah, Samuel,
Nichol, Britney, Esther, Papa, & James (the rest were shopping)
At the Fairmont Orchid Hotel
LtoR: David, Sarah, Papa, Josiah, Lindsey, Rachel,
Samuel, Rebekah, James,  Luke, Nichol,  Britney, & Esther
Looking out of the Boy's Room at the Mauna Lani North Golf Course
As you can see, Kona is desert & beauty, combined in one...

Tonight, we went onto the beach, & swam/waded in the ocean. They have a cove, that is so smooth, it feels like you're in a pool!
They also have a beautiful hot tub, made out of the rock, with a sand base in part of it, & a stone base in the rest....I totally thought of my Grampaw...he would of loved it...though it may have needed a little more heat in the evenings... :D

The wind got really bad, but it was wonderful, compared to the Idaho winds!! This wind is warm!! LOL
So far so good!! I love Hawaii!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...