Background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Graduation Plans

Grace Bible had it's first High School Graduation Planning Meeting (boy, that was a mouthful!! LOL), this past Tuesday. There will be 6 of us graduating this year at Grace: Elizabeth Patterson, Elizabeth Rognaldson, Noah Door, Caleb Chersin, Mary Beth Peabody, & me.

We decided on the date: May 20th, 2011 at 6:30pm at Grace Bible Church.
All the families were so accommodating--to adjust the usual graduation date, earlier than usual--so that I can  participate in it as well, before I leave (5 days later) for the Philippines...

I'm pretty excited....okay, I'm ecstatic...but then, who wouldn't be??

One thing that really stuck with me from the meeting, is the first thing that Pastor  Paul wrote on the whiteboard:
Graduation

What The Teen Thinks It Is...

vs.
Commencement
What The Parent Knows It Is...
Isn't that good!?!

We have another meeting in about 2 weeks, to continue the planning process...
It's going to be a blast preparing for it...(who doesn't love a challenge?!?)... :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah...I 'm sure you're really looking forward to that celebration!! :) I look forward to hearing more about it!

    Graduation is such an exciting time. The following scripture is one I thought I'd share- it became a special verse to me when I graduated and has reminded me that I must always look to God; He will always show me what he wants me to do in the future and what plans He has for me!!

    "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." Psalm 16:11

    God bless you, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both, Sarah!! I too am really looking forward to graduating!!!:) Although, I'm not too excited about giving a speech....
    Our class has only girls, so it will be alot of fun to prepare for!:)

    Have fun planning! I'll be praying for you! Love you!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...