Background

Monday, August 4, 2014

July's Jubilants

I can hardly believe July is over. It was wonderful, crazy, so full of changes and happenings that I'm still trying to process it all!! Of course, the first day was my birthday, and boy, was I in for a surprise!
I had told my family that I really wanted a surprise party, and after a partial-surprise party the week before (while I threw one for my Grandpaw), I figured that was as good as it was going to get. Well, I was proven wrong, when they pulled a 110% surprise party on me, complete with decorations and even an out-of-town guest!! What memories!!
I was so surprised, I screamed.. :)
July 4th was wonderful as well, with a small gathering of family and close friends.
Hamburgers!!! Mmm...
July 11th was specifically significant too, which you can read about in my next post...

The Murillo's left  towards the end of July, leaving a hole in our home and lots of memories to treasure. However, we had almost no time to contemplate the hole, with our family reunion happening the week after, and my, what fun that was, especially seeing cousins that I haven't seen in years!!!
All the girls
My sweet friend Hannah!
Another happening that is bittersweet is the adding of 2 little brothers, gone to be with Jesus in June and July: Phinehas Aaron (meaning 'Proclaiming God's Word: He is my Help') and Jason Eliezar ('Healer and Bringer of Light'), bringing the total of my siblings and I to a blessed 26, for which, each one I am unspeakably grateful.
Another thing that I'm really excited about is completing my quilt with the specific help of my dear Aunt Nancy and Oma, as well as many of my cousins, aunts, and even uncles, who helped tie and sew binding on!! What memories were made...
Most everyone got in on the fun!
Even Uncle Gary and Uncle Jim.....
...and my Papa! =)
With so many happenings here in July, I'm glad August is here, bringing some reprieve from the business, though scattering most of my family around the US for a couple weeks. God is so good.

"This is the LORD's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Thou art my God, and I will praise Thee: Thou art my God, I will exalt Thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever."
~ Psalms 118:23-24, 28-29 ~

"Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things."
~ Joel 2:21 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who does not love comments and reader participation? ;)

Life Update

5 months have passed since my last major update, and lots has happened. Namely, we welcomed baby #2 and #3 into our lives shortly after Chri...